on 5 December 2013
I had been struggling to get a foothold in the world of SSIS: the previous books I had bought seemed almost impenetrable, and I was starting to think that I would never be able to teach myself how to use this very useful SQL Server application.

Almost in desperation I bought the Kindle edition of this book, and I'm very glad I did. It starts with a very high-level overview of SSIS and then, in 60 brief but incredibly useful chapters, takes you through the various components in turn. Each chapter begins with a discussion of the component and then has a hands-on exercise that allows you to try out what you have just learnt. The chapter ends with a step-by-step guide to the exercise, and there's also a video that shows you how it should be done. (The book comes with a DVD, whereas the Kindle edition tells you where to find the videos on the web). I was initially a little sceptical about the usefulness of the videos but they are very helpful and really help to consolidate the new knowledge.

Having completed the book (despite the title, it took me about 50 hours over 3 weeks) I am now confident that I can develop SSIS packages and am ready to return to the books I originally bought, which will probably now make sense. :-)
on 11 October 2015
great book as a reference to SQL Server 2012 Integration Services (SSIS). steps through from the overview to installation then into the detail. i had to cram quickly and this book was ideal. the videos accompanying the book are a great idea too. Recommended
on 11 June 2013
Successfully passed the 70-463 exam this morning with a 900+ score. I don't have a SSIS 2012 installation at work so set up a virtual one at home and worked closely through this book and the official 70-463 Microsoft Training Kit. Both these books compliment each other and prepare you well for the exam. I would recommend purchasing both books to anyone considering sitting the 70-463 exam, especially if you've had limited prior SSIS hands-on experience. I would love to see these authors write more of these types of trainers.

Highly recommended.
on 15 April 2015
I am yet to fully complete the book, but can already see I have made the right purchase. It is clear, consise and packed with good practise and tips. Very pleased.
on 2 August 2013
Great introduction to SSIS. The DVD I found to be very informative and significantly augments the learning experience. The only criticism is that the quality of some of the DVD lessons was not uniform - some of the instructors provided more information than the book around the topics covered in the try it out exercises which i found very beneficial while others where content just to just walk you through the try it out exercise. If your job or business involves or needs to know how to manage, control or move data then this is a great introductory text to get you to an intermediate level in SSIS.