Robert Lee Helms, better known to us as Bobby Helms had a success on his hands when he released this in I think 1957. This probably appears on most Christmas compilation albums and is ideal easy listening for the Christmas period. Whilst this is on promo, and especially if you haven't already got it, then download it now.
on 4 May 2016
A classic song - suitable to get the whole family up dancing when they have all had too much to drink and scraps from the Crimbo dinner are all over the place! The tone of this song is fantastic, the rhythm is perfect and the key is on point - what I am trying to say is that this song is perfect for everyone - something EVERYONE needs in their song collection for that one day of the year!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 December 2014
The original and best version of this seasonal favourite is from 1957, yet curiously Helms rerecorded this popular tune at least a further four times for different labels. Many, many artists also tried their hand at this song , but for my money Helms is unbeatable.
on 22 December 2013
Reminds me of my childhood when Mum and Dad would have been listening to it. As with all re-mastered tunes the stereo is not good. I down loaded this track with a few others to try a new sound bar I have just bought and it worked very well, made the house feel very festive.
on 28 March 2014
Perfect for use, it met my expectations.
Very Good price "FREE" What more could you ask for.
It recommend this to anyone who enjoys music.
Not to be disliked it does what it says on the tin
on 21 December 2013
These Christmas songs for free must be heard if you have never heard like myself. Especially when they are on offer for free. Great way to hear the artist and the song, without spending hard cash, for something you do not like.
on 6 December 2013
One of the must-have Christmas songs in your collection!! Jingle Bell Rock, although having been round for many years, is one of the timeless Christmas classics, and it's lovely to get a free version from Amazon!
on 23 December 2013
I really enjoyed this classic rendition of all the Christmas favourites. There is something for everyone, young or old. Even an eightythree year old friend enjoyed the music and got in a festive mood. Success all round I think.
on 14 December 2013
I love this song wasn't sure if it was the vertion I knew cause my andriod doesn't let me play a review but it was free so I took a chance so I was really glad it was the one I knew great stuff.
on 16 February 2014
This is one of many songs that brought back to me memories of my family in the 1950s when we would roll back the living room carpet and sing/dance & make our own entertainment. Happy memories.