on 22 December 2015
Very poor it's got 2 different sets of instructions and they melted in the saucepan in the boiling water avoid these mouthguards., which is a shame as I generally like RDX gear. . So I did a refund and got a TapouT® Mouth Guard, Blue, Adult Ages 12+ instead which are much better and cheaper. AVOID THIS MOUTHGUARD.. ONCE MOULDED IT CAN'T BE REMOULDED AS IT MELTS IN THE BOILING WATER, Buyer beware. The Tapout Mouthguard not only is cheaper than the RDX one. There's also 2 mouthguards per packet. Also the TapOut mouth guards can be remoulded up to 11 times. The TAPOUT mouthguard also comes with clear instructions.. Pity I can't give zero score for this product. Usually RDX are great. Not these mouthguards. I had 2 of them.. I got one followed the confusing instructions best I could.. Then found it doesn't fit an Adult mouth even though it claims on the package to be for Adults..I reboiled it and it melted no longer fitting my mouth. So got a replacement. Same problem occurred.
on 4 August 2015
I bought this for my 19 year old , I checked before buying & it stated it was an adult size , what a shame it was no way an adults size more like a child . That's the only problem as it was a good make & really good mouth guard . So I wouldn't recommend it for adults or teenagers ,but great for youths .
on 21 October 2014
I have owned many cheapo boil and bite mouth guards that I use for sparring over the last 5 years, but thought I would try a fancier mouth guard. I simply could not get a comfortable fit with those "tri bite" bits on the bottom of the guard, it feels alien to have something propping your jaw open (and surely that is a bad idea, you want your jaw closed for combat/contact sports). The instructions also say to leave it in boiling water (that you have left to stand for 30 seconds, like that would make a difference to the temperature..) for 90 seconds, this amount of time is simply too long and makes it too soft, I would say 50 seconds max. I tried to get it right so many times that it is now useless, yes that is my fault but I believe the design is flawed, the instructions are wrong and there should be a diagram of how it is intended to fit in a closed jaw. It doesn't do anything different to a £3 shield, don't believe the marketing gimmicks. Money down the drain and allot of frustration is all I got.
on 30 December 2014
Very disapointed!
The item was delivered with 2 different fitting instructions.
The one on the box says: Bring the water to boil. Remove water from the heat source. Let water stand for 30 sec.
The fitting instruction in the mouthguard box says: Bring the water to boil. Remove water from the heat source. Immediately place mouth guard in water for 90-120 sec.

So, let the water stand or not???

Well, I decided to let the water stand for 45 sec. Then I placed the mouthguard for 90 sec. Cool it for 1-2 sec under cold tap water and then place it in the mouth.

The result is very disapointing!

I wanted to replace my old mouthguard from "Shock doctor", but this shows me how good my old one still is! I will keep it, and just in case I need I will purchase it from shock doctor.

RDX mouth guard ===> 15€ Waste box
on 21 March 2014
IT IS PERFECT FOR MY SON WHO HAS BRACES AT THE MINUTE.

I GAVE IT A 5 STAR RATING AS BECAUSE WE HAD TRIED SEVERAL OTHERS WHICH DID NOT WORK.
on 22 September 2015
Fits well, moulds easily, no complaints. Bought for my 14 year old to wear for hockey. She has top and bottom "train track" braces and quite a small mouth. We've wasted no end of money trying to find the right brace or messing them up at the moulding stage, but this one has worked for us. Thanks!
on 8 June 2016
Product is good. There are clear instructions printed out with the product and this sheet tells the customer NOT to follow the instruction enclosed within the product. I was a bit more patient in molding though as I only put the guard in hot water for about 10-15 seconds and I did this in about four tries before I got the perfect fit.
on 10 March 2016
This mouth guard was part of a birthday boxing gift for my grandson. I was very impressed by the instructions enclosed with regard to getting a perfect mouth guard fit. My grandson is pleased with his gifts.
on 25 September 2014
Probably will stop my wife getting her teeth knocked out whilst boxing, follow the instructions on the back of the leaflet and you mould this to fit your own teeth. The instruction print is very small get a young person to read it. Maybe they could print a leaflet.
on 14 June 2016
Both my Son And Daughter do Taekwondo, they have done now for a couple of years and over that time we have loads of gum shields. RXD Air Gel Mouth Guards are their preferred choice. They are very easy to mold and a very good price. They last a lot longer than the cheaper one's and by far a lot more comfortable in the mouth.