Customer reviews

BT 1000 Cordless DECT Phone - Single
Style: Single|Change
Price:£25.98 - £32.19

on 16 August 2013
I ordered this set which was described as 'used but in mint condition'. On receipt, I noticed the box was a bit tired looking but the phones and cables etc all looked new - suspect it was probably a display model or one that had been returned to Argos by someone who had actually meant to buy a trampoline. All in all I saved a tenner against new and feel I got a good deal.

As for the phones, it is a set for my elderly mother who simply wanted a no frills, cordless twin set that could actually make phone calls (rather than launch a satellite, make a Sunday lunch or take the dog for a walk). The handsets and stands are light weight plastic and although neat and smart they are quite basic and unimpressive visually. What I do like is the fact that charging, set up and use is actually straight forward - even an adult can do it! The screen is clear, as are the keys and you simply press the green button to talk and the red button when you've heard enough......simples. The sound quality is actually quite good, although some reviewers consider it to echo ( I certainly don't find this). One criticism is that the ring volume is not the loudest I've heard, and therefore may not be suitable for the hard of hearing.

All in all, for £20 (£30 new) I would say this basic twin set is ideal for elderly folk, cheapos or anyone else who simply wants to make calls without spending a fortune on tech...........oh, and the AAA batteries are a doddle to change.
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 August 2017
Brilliant refurbished BT handsets. I have had these for just over a year now and they are still working perfectly.
I wanted a cheap basic phone with two handsets. It does the job perfectly. Excellent price, fast delivery.
The battery life on the phones are great once the phone is charged (still using the original rechargeable ones that were supplied with the phone). If I forget to put the phone back on the stand there is a helpful button on the stand to press to help locate the missing handset quickly.
on 7 December 2014
Over all it is a good buy. Packaging - box cover lip ripped off and sealed with seller tape, but I don't think matters too much, the product it self is fine.

The product feels good when holding it in hand, pretty easy to set up, sound quality is acceptable. The product is lot better than the one when I purchsed the old one from BT a few years ago.
on 1 March 2015
Really disappointed in this phone. Display when typing numbers is so difficult to read. Very plastic & cheap phone with no speaker (didn't realise this). Guess ok for price however wouldn't recommend & will be replacing mine. Would have returned if hadn't thrown packaging away. Very disappointed :-(
on 22 September 2017
How can it not have a speaker option on this day in age??? Other than that good phone but for me that's a problem
on 12 December 2015
Excellent product - would recommend to anyone

Wish it had speaker which I didn't realise but that's my fault for not reading description properly.
VINE VOICEon 14 May 2014
Does the job well.

This is a really easy phone to set up. Great selection of ring tones. Good strength signal. Battery once charged lasts for hours. Good clear connection. I cannot speak too highly of this phone. Very pleased all round.
on 21 October 2016
excellent phone and really good price in fact a bargain
on 22 April 2017
The phone has worked well.
VINE VOICEon 29 July 2014
A useful phone which I bought to take outside with me. I was pleased it works happily alongside my corded phone. Sound quality is quite poor if the phone is more than 20 yards from its handset but it is quite adequate for my needs.