on 26 January 2013
A very welcome followon to the old mans war series, in the same great style and well written prose.

I like the 'episode' style release method for the delivery (very Dickens...) but the price ends up being very high! 63p sounds good, but it really means that the full book is gonna cost 8.19 pounds! sorry, but thats too much to pay for the interesting release method....

I'll wait and buy the complete book later for a 'paperback' type price....
on 1 February 2013
I read the first three instalments of this book which seems to be up to Mr Scalzi's usual high standard. That said I have just cancelled the rest of my orders for the following instalments. Twenty minutes after the instalment has arrived on my kindle it has been read. That means a six day twenty three hour forty minute wait for the next instalment, after the third instalment I have lost interest in the book. If Mr Scalzi realizes that publishing a book in this way is a mistake and releases this book as a complete item then I would read it. But if this idea is how he is going to publish all his books in the future then Mr scalzi will forever be off my reading list.
on 26 January 2013
Book is described as having 368 (approx) print pages, but I'd be surprised if it was actually even 50 pages in length. I was looking forward to a good, involved read but ended up being disappointed that this is actually only the first, short episode, in a longer series. The story itself is good, but I wouldn't have purchased had I known it was only a short story.
on 10 February 2013
I have to agree with the majority of reviewers:- Its shaping up to be a smashing series, up to Scalzi`s usual standards BUT! far too expensive in the long run. The true cost is disguised. I make it £8.32, spread out at Two week episodes. I hope this is not the future of ebooks, it might kill them off. I find myself very disappointed in the author, he should care more for his fans or risk losing them.
on 12 March 2013
Firstly this is not a review of the story, which I enjoyed.

I bought chapter's 1, 2, and 3 of the Human Division series at 69 pence each. Finished chapter 1 in about 25 mins, which represents moderate value. However, I read both chapter 2 and 3 in what felt like 5 minutes, but was probably more like 7. What a total rip off. I refuse to buy further chapters.

I cannot stress enough what a complete rip off this book is.

No story, no matter how good, is worth 10p per minute of reading. Well done John Scalzi you have just lost yourself a reader through pure greed. Nicely done.
on 6 February 2013
A reasonably interesting read but with 14(?)more instalments to come your kindle copy is going to cost a fortune. A good writer with new ideas but also has good ideas as to how to screw his fans!
on 31 January 2013
I was curious about the whole Dickens feel of a chapter a week novel.
But it is just annoying. And the cost seems excessive.
So far the chapters are a very mixed bag.
Perhaps because there is no apparent connection between the first and second chapter.
A shame because I rated the author high on his previous novels.
I guess I better wait for a proper publication.
on 6 February 2013
Good book but hate the dribble instalment format. Also you cannot tell what the full price of all the chapters will be!
on 11 May 2013
This whole series seems like a rip off, the end is no end and the various stories do not hang together and are not referenced; insult to injury after paying for each story hoping for an improvement the total 13 episodes are now issued in one volume WITH AN EXTRA NEW STORY!! so we need to buy the whole lot again !!! come on
on 3 February 2013
I have enjoyed the first three releases (chapters?) but find the end price too much and the chapter a week annoying. I believe I shall wait until it comes out in full so I can read completely through in one go.