on 30 December 2013
My fiance has a reasonably long beard (possibly 2cm?) but likes to keep the edges and sideburns neat. I bought this for him for Christmas and trimmed/neatened his face hair for him, and he absolutely loves it! From my experience, I would recommend for mid to long beard lengths, but also styles that stubble you want to perfect! Definitely worth it!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I recieved the QT3332 as gift from RSM and am reviewing it on her behalf. Overlooking the assumption that my hairy bits are unruly and in need of control I have to say I'm quite happy with this handy little trimmer from Philips.

Out of the box it feels comfortable in hand, not heavy but with just enough weight to make it feel solid. It comes with flat headed trimmer attached, two plastic trimmer guides which can be set to lengths from 1 to 18mm and a nose hair trimmer. Also included are plug and charging cable, small cleaning tool and a comb. The trimmer heads are swapped using a simple twist on and off system. The included instructions explain the process but it's pretty intuitive. The unit is rechargeable and gets about 45 minutes use from a full overnight charge. Although this should be enough to shave the average gibbon I'm still a little surprised that it takes so long to fully replenish.

Without the plastic guides attached the trimmer details well, leaving nice clean edges. The plastic length guides are reasonably easy to slip on and off and lock securely into place. In use they feel as though they won't slip from one setting to another but the quality of the plastic feels poor and somewhat fragile. Given this is at the budget end of Philips trimmer range, this is understandable, but it is at odds with the main unit which feels much more substantially made than the accessories. The results are decent. Although flimsy, the guides make a good job of trimming to the required length. It's easy enough to manoeuvre and whilst I wouldn't attempt to cut a full head of hair with it, it's more than capable of beard and body grooming.

All in all not a bad product at this price point and should leave you looking more Metrosexual Man than Piltdown.
on 26 November 2015
Bought this kit about a year ago, and was absolutely happy with what I got. Not so happy now, because the trimmer head twist-on mechanism has worn out and the head started to vibrate noticeably when the trimmer is turned on. The wear seems to be caused by vibration itself, not by changing the trimmer heads (I only swapped them a couple times), so I'd call this a poor design.

2-3 layers of "engineering Sellotape" around the cylindrical part of twist-on mechanism helps to stiffen the connection and get rid of the vibration, but if you are not prepared to apply this kind of fixes after a year of infrequent use (1-2 times a week) then you probably should look for a different product.
VINE VOICEon 14 March 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For the past 2 years I've had a beard that is kept dead-short, (ever so slightly longer than stubble).
I'm blond, so I can get away with shaving twice a week, but it got to a point of not bothering to shave, so I bought a Babyliss trimmer to keep the hair short.
The babyliss was fine, I bought it from Amazon and after 18 months it started to give up. Whether that was because I rarely cleaned it or because the blades wore down.

Anyway, I've replaced it with this Philips trimmer. It cost me a couple of rounds in the pub.
I've had it for two weeks. It's a light lump of plastic, to be honest. The tray it comes with is literally the packing tray, which was an instant turn-off.
However, the actual shave has been decent, and as I said, I keep my beard dead short, so it's good to know it doesn't rip my face apart.

I'm only using the adjustable beard trimmer adapter. But it comes with a goatee-beard trimer, nose-hair trimmer, a comb, and a cleaning brush.
I will admit that i used the goatee trimmer by mistake at first (because I didn't read the instructions) but i can't really get my hair any shorter anyway!
Upkeep and cleaning should be simple - you can run the plastic body under the tap and wipe it off. The head can be brushed clean.

The charging time seems ridiculous: 18hrs for 35mins. So if you must use it everyday, get a better trimmer.
For the light-user, like me, it's totally fine.

So, I'd recommend it for those fair-haired types, not you dark hairy mammoths.
VINE VOICEon 18 April 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This little set contains everything you will need to keep facial, ear and nose hair at bay. I have quite thick, dark, fast growing hair and so need something quite powerful to make sure everything stays in check and this set has so far proved extremely useful. I tend to use it most days to keep things tidy and every few days when my stubble gets a bit long I will use it to trim my entire face right down before a full shave. The shaver is easy to operate and the interchangeable heads are simple to swap about though I do need to shave over the sink as the trimmed hair can go al over the place if you are not careful.

The reason for the 3 stars is because of the battery life not being great so you need to make sure it is constantly on charge if you have thicker/darker hair like I do as the charge quickly vanishes when you are using it everyday because, for perplexing reasons I cannot comprehend, it does not allow you to plug into the shaver sockets in most bathrooms to charge/power it. Very annoying. Otherwise this is a decent piece of budget equipment.
on 28 April 2016
urgh, not the best product. the reasons why?
well the beard trimmer is a little patchy, doesnt seem to leave things even, particularly around the moustache area, i have to use a shorter setting for that area & it was trial and error, same also goes for the stubble attachment.
another downer is the nose hair trimmer which isnt very good, in fact sometimes i feel i need to nearly insert the thing right into my nose to get at hairs and this is a little dodgy around such sensitive skin.
another thing as people have pointed out is the awful charge time, it takes somewhere around 24 hrs or so & the razor/trimmer then might give you around 30-45mins use...i wasnt expecting great things out of a budget product but something a tad better at least!
on 12 May 2016
Second purchase of a Philips trimmer and it is great, I lost the first one.

It cuts well with no pulling, it can work wet or dry, the hair length is easily changeable and it really holds its charge.
on 21 April 2016
This item was purchased Feb 2016 and I intended to give a positive review a couple of weeks ago, as I was very pleased and it represented very good value for money. However it has simply died and will not charge, I do not know if it is the charger at fault or the trimmer itself.
on 3 August 2016
When I bought this product I was just after a temporary replacement, but after using it from day one I have been that impressed I haven't stopped using it for shaving. I must admit I only have a short beard in comparison to some, but it is still thick, but thanks to the guards and size of the shaver I haven't had any issues at maintaining the length of it. I would recommend this to anybody with a short beard or man who like the stuble look as it is easy to use and holds it's charge extremely well, making this a great on the go shaver aswell as your regular at bathroom shaver.
on 2 February 2016
Charge seems to last forever, does a nice job trimming hair, and comes with a decent set of accessories. Only gripe with this product is that the nose trimmer doesn't seem to work properly, and i'm too scared of it getting snagged and ripping my nose to shreds.