on 20 July 2014
Don't know that I would pay for more books from this author. There are a few typos, but more annoyingly there is some plain, straightforward bad English. Men don't wear suites, they wear suits, an injury victim is a casualty not a causality, and so on.
The story started off okay, but about halfway through it attempts to change track, and just descends into a bit of a bloodfest.
I don't mind gory, but it's just not very well written gore -- and that just gets boring.
Nice try, but you need a story editor and a proofreader, Mr Collins.
on 5 December 2012
A free book that is well edited! Not quite as good as Leather or Kernick, but a very good readable action thriller, with a story that will grip you from the start. One ridiculous coincidence aside, it is believable and well written. I have as a result just purchased book two. PS I dont know the author, and this is a real review!
on 27 February 2013
This was not a bad read at all, believable plot that's easy to follow,just a little bit annoyed that the ending is in a sequel. Oh well I suppose the author is entitled to a little bit more for his work.
on 18 June 2013
Many moons ago in the 1980's I read The Churchill Commando by Ted Willis.
Mr Willis had the same sort of ideas of retribution and justice. Yes us oldies do write reviews.
Perhaps my age reflects my comments.
Whilst the story line is OK I personally found the violence just a bit to graphic and OTT.
The end game seemed to run out of steam and ideas. Yes I know its got a sequel. Even if I didn't see one particular chain of events coming.
I suspect that many of the readers of this sort of book also are gamers on Playstations etc. Who would enjoy this as a shoot em up game.
The main thing is that I finished reading this. There have been some that I haven't.
on 22 January 2013
I really enjoyed reading this fast paced action adventure book, but the amount of spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors is somewhat off-putting for a one-time proof reader. Don't let it put you off though. Shove it in your basket and you may end up reading it in one go as I did. As everyone else got up I had to go to bed though!
on 7 March 2013
it wasn't what I was expecting, sometimes it was shocking to read but true to life I suppose, but it was gripping and once you started you couldn't put it down wanting to know what happened next. it leaves you hanging at the end, so I can't wait to read next book!
on 23 March 2013
I normally read Andy McNabb and Chris Ryan books but as this was free I thought I'd give it a go. I was engaged enough to buy the second book which although not as well edited or proof written as this was an excellent continuation.
on 26 May 2013
I got bored with the awful grammar and spelling mistakes and gave up on this book by chapter 4. If the author has paid for his work to be quality checked he should demand a refund. If he did it himself he should sue his engish teacher.
on 28 March 2013
The author really knows how to write a fast paced, action packed novel and page turner.
I would have given it 4.5 had it not been for the, in my opinion, excessive, graphic violence.
Congratulations for having the balls to write about paedophiles and alerting us to how devious they can be. Absolutely shocking, everyone should read these parts and be warned!
I do not know the author.
on 19 March 2014
Most enjoyable read fast paced and full of action, the main characters in the book complement each other in the way that their goals are the same ie that they want the bad guys brought to book. Well on to the next book.....