on 12 December 2013
It isn't quite as bright as the 25w halogen bulbs however it is saving you a lot of money in electricity bills. Just had them for one week hoping they last. Don't give off as much heat as the halogen bulbs are much cooler. They are also very fat and bulky so can look quite off putting depending on where you place them. However are shorter than the other LED bulbs on the market.
Overall a reasonable product would be great if they were brighter and slimmer.
Just hope they last me as they are not cheap!!!
on 3 March 2017
Brought this after seeing another review for an outside light I brought at the same time - works well, bright enough too
on 14 October 2013
I needed to replace existing 25W G9 halogen bulbs that I am forever having to replace in addition to their power consumption as they come in multiples in light fittings. The main criteria were that they were as warm as the halogens with the same light output and that would fit into the light fitting. With a specification of a 2700k colour temperature, 230lm output, 2.6W power consumption, which is meant to be 25W equivalent, these appeared to fit the requirements. Too many times I have found that the actual LED bulbs do not live up to the specifications. However on this occasion I am very pleased to say that these are as specified and are an excellent replacement for the 25W G9 halogen bulbs.

I have twin light fittings so I was able to replace one and compare them directly side by side. The colour, brightness and light dispersion is virtually indistinguishable from the halogen even when positioned side by side. Most of the others on sale have a colour temperature of 3000k for warm white, which is noticeably whiter and cooler than the halogen.

The only difference is the size of the LED bulb, being larger than the halogen, pokes slightly out above the light fittings I have. However, it is hardly noticeable and no one has even noticed that the halogen bulbs have been replaced, so that shows how good a match they are. Note that all the LED bulbs are bigger than the halogen bulbs and you have to ensure that they will fit. This is the minor compromise you have to make with LED bulbs. However, these are relatively compact for the light output. Note that they are not dimmable, but I do not need dimmable in this situation. There are very few that are dimmable and they are more expensive. These are very reasonably priced and I am very pleased with them so far. I have not had them for long so I cannot comment on their reliability.
on 13 January 2014
Colour spectrum from this LED is only slightly yellower than a standard halogen - almost
indistinguishable. Obviously fatter than standard G9 but looks very neat in my light fitting.
I do hope these become available again from Amazon as I need another three for the fitting.

Update: purchased another 4 bulbs and one has failed after 3 years of approx 2 hours a day use (approx 2000 hours).
on 6 May 2015
Excellent 2.6w replacement for my old blown 40w halogen bulb. Same amount of light/brightness if not slightly more. Warm white light is perfect for the bedroom lamp. The bulb may prove to be oversized for some fitments as it is a lot wider than the halogen but this wasn't a problem for me.

UPDATE: 6 weeks after purchase this bulb began flickering and then eventually died. It was being used in a bedside lamp and so very little actual use. No knocks or movement to cause any issues. For this reason, reduced from 5 stars to 2.
review image review image review image
on 6 May 2014
Wanted replacement bulbs for the 'chandelier' in the hall as it gets so hot with halogens and racks up the electric cost. Looked on line for ages. There were some really ugly led replacements and lots of reviews saying they took ages to warm up and they protruded from the fitting. These looked just right. They arrived today and they are 'just right'. Bright, warm white light. Full power from switch-on. Nice size 'globe' so looks like 6 little 'suns' in our fitting. We don't have coverings for the bulbs in the chandelier, so the size of these bulbs didn't really matter. very happy with the purchase.
on 22 March 2014
These were in replacement for 40 w Halogen G9's . Fitted the sockets perfectly although the bulb part is a bit bulkier than a halogen. Light is just as bright as the Halogens - slightly less 'warm' in appearance but perfectly acceptable - power consumption down from 160 W to 10 W for a 4 light track - I'm please.
on 28 July 2014
The lumen output is very low for a 2.6W LED. This is a lot less than a 25W halogen!
Worse still, the size is much bigger than a normal halogen and in trying to fit it in to a small light fitting, the LED broke at a finger squeeze.
Stay clear of this one.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 April 2014
I originally bought 5 of these for a long light fitting I have over the stairs. I was a bit dubious about the brightness of them, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I think the fact there are five in one light fitting makes all the difference. If there was just one in a fitting, you'd probably be disappointed. I would highly recommend this product. As the light is covered in an opaque cover, you really don't notice they are LED bulbs at all.
on 11 August 2014
Bought to test as a replacement for 2 (far too bright / energy hungry / hot) 40w halogen bulbs in a couple of spot lights.

I thought these would be brilliant and indeed they look great with the defuser over the LED's and the colour emitted accurately replicates the colour of the halogens.

Just a little too dim for our use.