on 21 September 2014
Unit breaks up connection to Ipad over 1.5metres away.
I looked forward to receiving this and getting it up and running with my Klipsch iPod dock. It's a tiny device.

Sadly it does not work with either an iPhone 5, iPad 3 or iPod touch 3.

I was not able to pair the device with either an iPhone 5 or the iPad 3.

I had no problem pairing the device to the iPod Touch but that's where things fell to pieces. As I attempted to play music through it I was only able to get the music to play for a split second before massive amounts of feedback and crackling blasted out from the speakers even with the volume turned right down.

When pairing the device I did not get any pairing codes to enter into the music players. Maybe this indicates a faulty item but unfortunately this device does not deliver. It will be sent back.
on 3 December 2014
It's hardly a secret now that I'm loving August Bluetooth products, and expect a lot from them.

This, unfortunately, is one product that has left me disappointed - but let me add immediately that it is NOT an indictment on the product, hence my reason for giving four out of five stars.

In my case what was lacking was more information in the product description!

In principle, this is a brilliant idea. This is a tidy little adapter which suits the traditional dock connector on early speaker/docks, and seemed like a fantastic idea for converting my old Bose Sounddock into an elegant solution for playback via Bluetooth from my phone or my iPod Nano.

What was quickly delivered to my door was well built, with little fanfare and minimalistic packaging as we now expect from August, but which convinced me that August do know what they're doing.

I plugged it into the SoundDock, and frankly, nothing happened. Nothing at all.

I'd have been returning it as a dead unit if I hadn't realised that I also had a Sony Alarm clock with an iPod dock built in, and so I tried it in that and immediately the little blue connection light fired up and I was able to configure the iPod to play back through the MR100 via the alarm clock, verifying that this product does indeed do what it says on the box, and does it perfectly well.

I found out with further research that what the description on Amazon failed to advise was that there is an incompatibility between first generation Bose SoundDocks and certain I-devices which prevents the SoundDock from passing power to the connected device. It is, apparently, possible to buy an additional adapter, a kind of docking collar, which remedies this problem, but unfortunately that involves buying extra gadgetry from third party companies, with apparently some questionmarks over the quality of the products in question.

Before I knew it, the throwaway £10 for this adapter, which was a good idea at the time, was demanding further expenditure, and at this stage my need doesn't warrant going down that route, and so for that reason I'm returning the MR100 to Amazon on the grounds of the unaddressed incompatibility.
on 15 February 2013
Bought this after seeing many similar no-name items both on Amazon and ebay, but thought I'd go for this one as it is very competitively priced and is dispatched by Amazon (so you know it'll arrive nice and promptly). Set up is simple, just plug it into your iPod dock, search for Bluetooth devices from your phone/laptop/tablet and enter '0000' when prompted... and that's it! The range is definitely reasonable, I can go anywhere in my average-sized living room and the quality is far beyond my expectations. I was expecting a drop in quality from Aux in, but I cannot notice any difference at all. One slight drawback is only one device can be paired at a time, but that's the only slight flaw I can think of. Great item and seller.
on 22 March 2013
I got this through this morning - it was promptly delivered and sufficiently packaged.

I initially tried it in my car (with ipod cable in glove compartment) but it didn't like it... I thinking it was something to do with no power being put through the cable unless an ipod is drawing from it or something, but anyway, no power, no bluetooth to pair it with my iphone 5.

When I got home I plugged it into my Bose Portable Soundock (first version?) and it immeditately started flashing. It paired (with code, 0000) and played music perfectly. Well, nearly perfectly, I think perhaps the sound quality is very slightly lower than when docked properly or with a jack lead, but perfectly acceptable for all except extreme audiophiles! I was thinking I'd made an excellent decision!

Then I tried it on my stereo with dock, and, although paired, I couldn't get any sound out of it at all... Very strange! I'm not entirely sure what it is that stops it working on the stereo, but the face that it works with (what was a £300) Bose soundock makes the £10 I spent well worth it.

My advice, buy one and try it, but if it doesn't work don't be too dissapointed! There's a significant chance that it wont!
on 13 August 2013
I connected the device with my Logic3 speaker with my new iPod Nano 7th generation within seconds of plugging it in. No problem at all with the sound quality. Great price for an awesome piece of gadget. Saves me from having to replace my speakers. I've also used it with my other speaker, a JBL without any problems. Love it.
on 2 January 2016
This Bluetooth Audio receiver works perfectly with my Bush iPod Radio Dock. It has a bright red and blue led which shows the status of the receiver. When it is flashing Red and Blue then it is in pairing mode waiting for a device to be paired to it, once it has a device paired it flashes blue every few seconds.
It works very well with Android devices and iPhones with no issues with discovering them or any playback issues. The unit is quite stylish with the white casing and black band and logo. The plastic casing can be quite a fingerprint magnet through if you touch it often and the LED can be quite bright in some situations like a bedroom at night it can be quite irritating but I have used the box to cover it up to dim it.
on 4 August 2013
This device doesn't work with official Apple docks or my daughter's speaker dock. Only works with my Sony clock radio dock but is perfect with that. Why the non stope flashing light though?
on 12 August 2013
Arrived one day before estimated date. Took it out of packaging, plugged it in. Paired immediately to my phone (Galaxy S3) with no need to enter a code. Sound quality seems perfectly good (presumably limited by the capabilities of the dock speakers more than anything) so very pleased for the money. The one problem is the way that a blue light continually blinks on top- particularly if using it in a bedroom like I am. If you unplug it to stop the light then when you plug it back in you have to re-pair with your device. Still, well worth having for this price- recommended.
on 26 February 2017
This bluetooth receiver works fairly well but my major problem with it is the disco LED lights which flash on it when there is power going to it.
The lights are so bright they will keep you awake if they are on in the same room you are trying to sleep in.
I opened up the case and took a permanent black marker to the inside casing which helped a little, but not much.

The range on this is not brilliant. It seems to stutter if the laptop or phone doesn't have line of sight, even from less than 3m apart.