on 11 June 2016
So I've owned this kettle for over a year now and while I am happy with the product and it fulfills the basic requirement of a kettle to boil water there are a few niggles I have to mention. It boils quickly, isn't too noisy and has a good capacity.

Firstly, despite being a one person household that uses this kettle maximum twice a day the purple paint started to chip off round the spout not to many months after purchasing. This is a bit disappointing as the colour is obviously important to this product and it looks a bit shabby now.

Another issue would be how hot this kettle gets when boiling water. It may sound daft but this metal cased kettle gets far far hotter than any of my previous kettles and I've lightly burnt myself a few times brushing against it while it's still hot.
VINE VOICEon 13 February 2016
We bought this because we had a copper whistling kettle for the hob. Since having a baby this proved way too slow and impractical.

This one is so much easier and quicker. Pretty much possible to full the kettle with one hand now. Easy to open the lid. Good handle position although blocks the volume level.

For some reason the spout shape means it's difficult to pour really small amounts so the delivery isn't as smooth as it could be.

One of the things we were looking at when buying kettles was the possibility of triggering remotely with a wifi plug switch. The way the switch on this kettle works allows you to switch it off at the wall, on at the kettle, and then control the mains plug remotely.
Although I haven't gotten around to buying the WiFi switch yet, this could be set up to trigger from your phone.

Overall a good buy. Very quick. Trade off is that it's slightly noisy and it's not that easy to see the volume level.
on 27 June 2017
When I first received this kettle there was a metallic and chemical odour and taste that just wouldn't go away. It took about a month of boiling vinegar and soaking lemon water to finally remove the chemical after taste. Now I am quite happy with the product, but the initial odour did spoil it somewhat. I also have to say that the lid is really difficult to open after boiling without getting a burn from the condensed water. There is also a bit of rusting on the spot, which is unusually for a stainless steel product that is less than a year old.
on 12 September 2014
We needed to replace our previous Russel Hobbs Kettle and weren't having much luck as it seems as though kettles in all the shops (online or offline) we checked had the top open by pushing a button - which we really didn't want as that kind usually broke fairly soon - or were just plain hideous-looking.

Fortunately, we found this one on Amazon and decided to buy it and we had it for a few months. It's really good! The switch on the previous one was different and a bit flimsy, while this one looks more solid and lights up to show that the kettle is on, which is quite cute. To open the top, one pulls on the black plastic on the top, which is easier and requires less effort than on the previous model and also feels better constructed. The kettle pours well and isn't too noisy. It's also not ostentatious while looking quite pretty in my opinion. Weirdly, my partner's parents commented on it making super-hot water. I'm not sure if it's really powerful compared to just their kettle or in general, but that's another thing that was mentioned.

I'll certainly look at Russell Hobbs and this particular model/type if we need to replace it, but I'm confident it won't be too soon, given my previous experience.
on 25 January 2016
After my old kettle had given out on me, the house was without a kettle, looking around for a kettle that was a good brand and a fair price my search was a short one. The kettle is slightly smaller than i expected although that doesn't stop it from performing better than my old kettle. when pouring from the kettle even when tipping it right up to get everything out of it the kettle doesn't spill or come out in unpredictable directions. In short i may have had a bad old kettle but with this new kettle i will be happy with my drinks for a long time.
on 1 April 2016
This only arrived yesterday so my review so far is only of initial observations.

First, it's not such great quality - the picture shows a lovely glossy black body and stainless steel accents. The black coating is somewhat duller than expected, plus the finish on it is a bit messy, giving it a cheap look (bits of glue visible at joins, plastic handle parts not fitting together nicely).

I'd also like a button to flip the lid up but maybe that's just habit as the last one had this feature.
on 17 November 2015
Compact kettle that looks quite smart and feels pretty robust. Only time will tell if it lasts beyond it's warranty period of course. But for now, it seems a worthy investment.
Update Feb 2016: just a few months down the line and the kettle is a shadow of its former shiny self. Despite routine cleaning, the spout snd lid are crusty with water scale. Whilst it is a constant battle to keep metal items clean in hard water areas, the speedy decline of this kettle is disappointing to note.
on 10 September 2016
Been using this kettle for ages and it has held up very well considering I live in such a hard water area. Love the colour, quick boil and ease of filling. The flip top means I'll never struggle with prying off a corroded metal lid. It is a bit noisy when it boils but I expected this and don't see it as a problem personally. Easy pour and not too heavy to lift even when full. The spout means that I don't burn myself from the steam as I fill up pots and mugs. Would definitely recommend and love the colour!
on 26 August 2016
This is a good, functional, kettle at a sensible price. It looks good, and the design of the handle makes it easy to hold and pour with arthritic hands. The contents indicator is underneath the handle, which is rather daft and makes it almost impossible to see. After 3 months there is already some rusting at the corners of the spout but it should not affect the function. A good buy, but probably an item to be replaced after a few years, not a companion for life!
on 12 August 2015
I needed a temporary kettle to replace my broken Delonghi and opted for this one. I was expecting a cheap, flimsy product but was incredibly surprised! It's actually really nice looking, works really well and I haven't spent loads in the process! It does make the water taste odd initially but that soon wears off after time and for the price, I wouldn't let it put you off from buying. I was going to buy another expensive model but am so pleased with this I'm not going to bother now!