Top positive review
199 people found this helpful
Fantastic addition to any (small) kitchen!
on 11 July 2013
I did my research before buying and found that most George Foreman Grill reviews either say they are wonderful or complain about the size. I decided to be a bit more helpful.
Size: What the product picture shows is fair. I can comfortably fit two frozen chicken breasts on the grill at the same time. If all you want to cook is a chicken breast per person then, yes, this is a 2 portion grill. If you are expecting it to manage more, you will be disappointed.
Cooking: There is no variable temperature control. I would estimate it reaches its maximum temperature in around 2 minutes. The cooking surface suffers from some temperature variation and the top plate is hotter (possibly from the weight of the lid?).
Cleaning: Best way is a folded damp sheet of kitchen paper wiped over whilst the grill is warm (not hot). The outside of it gets finger marks on it really easily but cleans up nicely with an antibacterial wipe.
Some points to note:
1. It doesn't come with the spatula/scraper tool of earlier models.
2. There is no on/off switch so you need to have somewhere handy to plug it in.
3. It works just as well as a sandwich toaster (but only one sandwich at a time)
4. Don't bother with non-stick bags. Baking parchment is cheaper and works just as well.
5. Like some of the other models, it will stand on its end for easy storage.
Overall I am very happy with this grill. Even at RRP it is well worth the price and a fantastic addition to your kitchen, especially if you're a student/single professional.