Style Name: Compact Grill|Change

on 11 July 2013
I did my research before buying and found that most George Foreman Grill reviews either say they are wonderful or complain about the size. I decided to be a bit more helpful.

Size: What the product picture shows is fair. I can comfortably fit two frozen chicken breasts on the grill at the same time. If all you want to cook is a chicken breast per person then, yes, this is a 2 portion grill. If you are expecting it to manage more, you will be disappointed.

Cooking: There is no variable temperature control. I would estimate it reaches its maximum temperature in around 2 minutes. The cooking surface suffers from some temperature variation and the top plate is hotter (possibly from the weight of the lid?).

Cleaning: Best way is a folded damp sheet of kitchen paper wiped over whilst the grill is warm (not hot). The outside of it gets finger marks on it really easily but cleans up nicely with an antibacterial wipe.

Some points to note:
1. It doesn't come with the spatula/scraper tool of earlier models.
2. There is no on/off switch so you need to have somewhere handy to plug it in.
3. It works just as well as a sandwich toaster (but only one sandwich at a time)
4. Don't bother with non-stick bags. Baking parchment is cheaper and works just as well.
5. Like some of the other models, it will stand on its end for easy storage.

Overall I am very happy with this grill. Even at RRP it is well worth the price and a fantastic addition to your kitchen, especially if you're a student/single professional.
0Comment| 199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 July 2015
I use the grill in my combi/microwave a lot for bacon and sausages,but cleaning it is a pain.Come across this on Amazon and though i'd give it a try.I've never owned a George Foreman grill before but have seen them lots of times on TV.
First off this is advertised as two portion grill,You'd be pretty hard pressed to get two steaks or chicken breasts on this.(See my pic with a normal size piece of bread on it) It's more for a single person which i am so ideal for me.I can get three sausages on it or 2 pieces of bacon so be aware of its size.You can also do toasties/paninis on which it does very well.Theres no on/off switch,and it takes just over a minute to heat up.It comes with a separate drip tray.
So all in all its,small,cheap to run (700 watts) great if your single and really easy to clean.
review image
on 2 March 2014
Compact size ideal for 1 or 2 portions. Grills efficiently. Easy to clean best using paper towels when still warm.
on 18 June 2016
I've been a user of George Foreman grills for many years now and other than the bbq I have not found a better way to cook burgers and sausages and still keep them juicy and tender. The grills themselves are very well made and in my experience last many years without any deterioration to the teflon plates as long as it is cleaned with a soft sponge after every use.

Cleaning:
My previous grill was a family size portion and had removable grill plates which makes maintaining and cleaning the grill so much easier, however the grill plates on this product are fixed so none of that this time. Cleaning the grill can be a bit tricky in my opinion as I have found balancing the grill on the edge of the sink can be difficult.

Cooking:
The grill heats up in roughly 3-4 minutes which is much faster than my previous one. Sausages and burgers I have found take around 5-6 minutes to cook through but turkey steaks take about 2-3 perfect for lunch in the office.

The grill gives off very little smoke unless the food is left to burn otherwise it is very well controlled.
on 30 June 2014
I bought my George Foreman grill today; came straight home and cooked a sirloin steak in it for my husbands supper. He said it was the best steak he has ever eaten!!! Wow. I am so pleased I invested in this grill. I found it easy to clean with a wet cloth after use.
on 8 April 2014
this size grill is just right for a single person , no fat or grease its great and food tastes much better.
on 25 October 2015
This is really, really small, you can barely fit one sandwich at a time. My main complaint though is the weight, its so light and flimsy that you find yourself having to hold it down by hand to cook anything properly. You will struggle with anything fatter than a single piece of bread so thick toasties and burgers are pretty much impossible. It also cooks unevenly, cooking the centre really well but leaving the edges underdone. I am now going to have to buy a larger grill because this is completely pointless.
on 8 April 2014
This is a really neat machine. Just big enough for two and I don't know how I managed without one before. After use it is fairly easy to clean and it works like a dream. Can't believe how much fat comes off the meats.
on 25 January 2015
I love this little grill, I live alone and it is a perfect size for me. I have cooked chicken, sausages and toasties so far. I tend to cook some foods for a little longer than it says in the booklet as I like when it's nice and crispy on the outside. Easy to clean. Overall I am very happy with this grill :)
on 4 September 2014
My old 'George' had started sticking after 10 years of use so I decided to treat myself to a new one. I was pleasantly surprised by the great price of this one, it's just the right size for me and I would highly recommend it. If it lasts as long as my old one I shall be very pleased indeed.