on 2 March 2014
Compact size ideal for 1 or 2 portions. Grills efficiently. Easy to clean best using paper towels when still warm.
29 people found this helpful
on 18 June 2016
I've been a user of George Foreman grills for many years now and other than the bbq I have not found a better way to cook burgers and sausages and still keep them juicy and tender. The grills themselves are very well made and in my experience last many years without any deterioration to the teflon plates as long as it is cleaned with a soft sponge after every use.

Cleaning:
My previous grill was a family size portion and had removable grill plates which makes maintaining and cleaning the grill so much easier, however the grill plates on this product are fixed so none of that this time. Cleaning the grill can be a bit tricky in my opinion as I have found balancing the grill on the edge of the sink can be difficult.

Cooking:
The grill heats up in roughly 3-4 minutes which is much faster than my previous one. Sausages and burgers I have found take around 5-6 minutes to cook through but turkey steaks take about 2-3 perfect for lunch in the office.

The grill gives off very little smoke unless the food is left to burn otherwise it is very well controlled.
3 people found this helpful
on 12 December 2015
This packed up today,just a couple of months use +/- twice a week, I checked the fuse and it was fine. I reckon the heater elements may have blown. Not even going to claim, i'll just get another heap of junk to replace the first. Its impossible to check other wiring because of non de script screws/ rivets affixing the wiring cover.

I agree with another criticism that this latest generation of GF' s are inferior to the older or original product, I have a 12 year old grill in Spain which is still working strong.The fact that this unit is advertised as a 2 portion unit is something out of Harry Potter.

For me its become a 1 star (or minus 1?)

Don't waste your money.
on 26 January 2016
This little beauty is a life saver. Every year I end up buying a new grill as I sadly abuse them soo much that they die on me. This little wonder baby has already saved my christmas for me as it arrived on time and grilled almost 600 sausages for a huge family dinner without a single paddy.

I love the sleek design, it handles really well and doesn't get too hot on the outside. It may be small but its perfectly formed and can handlle the job of any large griller without any issues.

Great for small kitchens and solo portions or sustains big fry ups.
on 8 April 2014
this size grill is just right for a single person , no fat or grease its great and food tastes much better.
13 people found this helpful
on 3 January 2018
its simply the answer for mess free quick cooking & lightweight & not bulky like others.
on 25 January 2015
I love this little grill, I live alone and it is a perfect size for me. I have cooked chicken, sausages and toasties so far. I tend to cook some foods for a little longer than it says in the booklet as I like when it's nice and crispy on the outside. Easy to clean. Overall I am very happy with this grill :)
8 people found this helpful
on 4 July 2016
OK, I know it doesn't brown up the meat - beef, pork, and lamb, as other reviewers have pointed out. However, I've never had better-cooked meat from our regular cooker and far less mess, too. Cleaning's a doddle, just press the two buttons and eject the plates and, either wash them in the sink or pop them in your dishwasher. When it came, it was bigger than I expected but I've gotten used to it.
on 11 July 2015
Arrived today, its smaller than I expected. The cooking area is only 7.5ins by 6.5ins. However first thing I cooked on it was 2 gammon stakes from Netto, the 2 for £1 ones. It heated up, cooked them in 5 minutes and they where lovely. Left quite a mess in it though which I worry about cleaning if I cant use abrasive sponges. It all came off easily with warm water on the soft side of a sponge after it cooled down however. So, only used it once but happy with it if it keeps this up.
Measure out the size I've said before buying and make sure you might not actually want the bigger one. This will do me fine however!
on 24 June 2016
I mainly bought this to make toasties and burgers, but there are about 25 recipes in the manual (including several burgers) that actually look surprisingly good. My parents have one of the larger George Foreman grills (4 portion) and the lid is much heavier and it seems to cook things a bit faster, so it might actually be worth paying the extra £5 for that. I bought this when it was £12.50, but I'd probably just go for the next one up with the new price.