on 19 March 2017
This was my first book by this author but certainly won't be my last as I really enjoyed it . This is a quick read with a story that zips along , definitely a bonus as I couldn't but this book down . It is pretty obvious from the beginning who Patrick really is but this doesn't detract from the story as there are many twists and turns in this tale .
on 31 March 2017
Superb book. Nice pacing and punchy writing.
Characters are believable as well.
I'd like to give it 6 stars.
Highly recommend

BookEater
on 3 May 2017
Much better than second book.
Good twist in the story. Enjoyed reading this book. It has a believable thread that runs through the story.
on 8 March 2017
Intrigue. And a very compelling read. I couldn't put it down once I started. Have never read Mr Kaufmann books before but will be doing so again
on 28 March 2017
I chose the rating of 5***** i just loved loved this book
I was in there with Patrick n' CJ
But i did guess who he was early on but it didn't matter to me
on 7 April 2017
Can't wait to read it need more free time
on 3 September 2013
100% psychological thriller. Brilliant story and very well written plus it scared me which is exactly what I wanted it to do.

KARRIE
on 19 November 2013
An unusual title for a book....but a nice little thriller, not too taxing but has a fabulous ending!

Patrick was horrifically emotionally and mentally abused during his childhood by his 'mother' and flashbacks to this time are told throughout the book making for uncomfortable reading...

All grown up Patrick is now a reporter who returns home when his 'mother' dies and finds some mementos tucked away in a box which he takes back with him. Amongst these items is a necklace which upon investigation and hindsight open up a whole can of worms. This sets him off on the trail of the disappearance/murder of a 3 year old boy, Nathan 30 years before.

The trail leads to some pretty terrifying moments as he teams up with CJ, another reporter friend and between the two of them stumble upon the shocking truth.

I have to admit I did not see this coming and in fact re-read that whole chapter so that I had it settled in my mind that what I had read was exactly what I had read!

Brilliantly finished off with all the loose ends neatly tied up so a big thanks to Mr Kaufman for his considerable skill at story telling.

Initially not a fantastic thriller but certainly well plotted and thought out so I would recommend you read it for yourself, you will find it as enthralling as I did.

Thank you.
on 4 March 2015
Got to about 25% and didn't carry on any further, probably a very good book but not my 'cup of tea'.
on 2 August 2016
Loved this book. Great plot. Could not put the book down