Customer reviews

The Honk of Zagonk
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.09

on 29 November 2012
Just when you think you've read it all and seen it all, here comes the king of rhymes Pat Hatt with his latest creative endeavor, The Honk of Zagonk, a thoroughly enjoyable tale filled to the brim with the most colorful - and dare I say cutest - dragons you've ever come across.

Collaborating with illustrator Ozzy Esha, Pat Hat takes us to a secret location in a land afar that is sure to capture his readers' imagination. His sense of humor is, as always, a treat (as it makes my chronic grumpiness want to retreat): there are frozen dragons that laugh like hyenas; there's the honking hero who knows he sounds a bit like a goose (better make that a whole lot); and there's a flame-dodging Frost Giant wisecrack who thinks he can outsmart a dragon pack.

Children will absolutely love it. That includes big ones like myself.

- RCB
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 July 2014
I've read lots of rhyming kids books - some better than others - but this is the worst I've ever read by a long shot. So much so that after downloading it to my ipad and giving it a read through, I decided not to even bother reading it to my little one. It has no lyricism and doesn't scan properly. I'd go so far as to say the poem itself sounds as though it's been written by a child (but not in a good way - it's simply jarring and doesn't work). I know not everyone can be a Donaldson or Dr Seuss - however, this was so basic that it totally detracted from the story. I truly believe that well-written rhyming books can give children an appreciation of language by helping them enjoy the flow and beat of poetry - demonstrating that language can be playful and clever at the same time. Unfortunately, I personally found that I'd be stumbling over the wording to read this book out loud. Best thing is to use the 'look inside' option and see if it's for you.
on 23 January 2013
The Little Man loved this story. Basically it's a good versus evil story with a nerdy dragon hero who eventually wins the day over a bad frost giant with his honk. Great rhyming adventure that was delightful to read and kept him rapt with attention from beginning to end. Fun illustrations too.
on 2 February 2013
What a lovely book ,my first book by Pat Hatt and it won't be the last . My little ones loved this book ,and the illustrations ,gorgeous dragons and even the frost giant was cute even with his honk . Give your little ones a treat and buy this book you won't be disappointed ,happy reading .
on 21 September 2014
Beautifully written prose & illustrations for the little ones. A new favourite. The rhymes are great & at times introduce more difficult words. Recommend it :)
on 14 July 2014
Not that good...nice pictures though...
The rhyming was off, and my kids thought it was 'alright'.
Worth it for free 😃
on 15 December 2016
Excellent a very good read my grandchildren enjoyed this story immensely and thought it thrilling and very reading story book
on 26 August 2013
A lovely little, well illustrated, rhyming tale about a Dragon with an embarrassing honk every time he tried to breathe fire.
on 27 March 2016
Not the most flowing of rhymes and "big" words needed explaining slowing the flow but my 5 year old enjoyed it
on 21 March 2016
You can play act and make noises to make it more exciting. Great little story! Go ahead and download it!