on 25 June 2017
This must be classed as one of the best books I have read on the subconscious mind. I am a Reiki practitioner and crystal healer and I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in energy healing and the power of the mind. So much is covered in this book and everything is explained in an easy to understand manner. Very highly recommend this and deserving of TEN stars.
on 2 December 2015
Fantastic book! Absolutely changed my life, I am living my dream and looking forward to each and everyday because I know the better it gets the better it gets. I highly recommend it.
on 14 March 2018
Really enjoyed this book. Even though there is a lot of information imparted in the book and it is, it is broken in to many small sections (chunks as I call them), making the book much easier to read. Even though this books was written many year ago (first published in 1963), everything in the book is still true.

I have always been interested in the topic of the of the subconscious mind, to my it is where ideas are born from, where people conscious personality and actions stem from. I like the idea of being able to program it to work more for my in my daily life was intriguing. As the author say our Subconscious is at work 24 hours a day for every day of our lives. Breathing and heartbeat and all our bodily functions we do not give a second though about even when we are sleeping are controlled by our subconscious.

Being quite a spiritual man Joseph Murphy also builds in many biblical quotes with his case studies, and examples of people he had met. though I do not wholly agree internalizing God as part of the subconscious, I do see where the idea id divine knowledge comes from. Example we are bone we breath are bones and organs are formed, we do not know or have any knowledge of this at the time so how does our body and internal functions know how to function and what to do since birth? I do like the idea of the subconscious being a conduit to the divine how many times do we have something in the back of our mind and it comes to pass exactly as we envisioned it. Other thing like instinct and intuition also come from the subconscious.

This is an great informative, easy to read and most of all helpful book. The difference for me between a good and great self help or psychological book is how many of the idea in the book could be used in everyday life, I did not find anything in this book that could not be used in anyone's everyday life. Also it has stood thee test of time already.
on 8 September 2017
Truly unreal book. I have this book in my hands 4 days, and in 4 days, have not touched a Cigarette, I smoked 40 a day for 30 years. Says it all.
on 2 August 2017
Haven't finished it yet but what I have read so far has been very thought provoking. I have already used some of the methods and can already see my mindset shifting and seeing things in a completely different light which is an ongoing process but I feel I am getting closer to the truth.
on 2 January 2018
Love, love, love this book, it's one of the best on this subject and i've read many, many of these type books. I like the way Joseph Murphy gives techniques to try and examples of what to say and what not to say to get results. And they do work, believe me, i've had results. Some other authors just talk about the subject of positivity but Joseph Murphy explains what to DO. I've underlined in pencil in my copy, things which resonate with me that I re-read to keep me going and keep me positive. I have bought at least a dozen, since i first bought my copy about 4 years ago, to give away as gifts, so certain am I that it works. It knocks other books on this subject into a cocked hat. Read it, you've got nothing to lose and so much to gain. It has enriched my life no end as thoughts really do become things.
on 9 March 2013
This book was on my hypnotherapy diploma reading list, and so I was curious to know what slant on positive thinking this book would take. The book mentions that our thoughts are like seeds which if nurtured and watered correctly and given the right attention will help us achieve our goals.

I agree in principle that this is true, but this is nothing knew in the world of positive thinking. All the gurus and books out there tell us to think positive and then are goals will happen. I rather think this thought process is flawed, as how do you get rid off strong negative beliefs? Why is it when you think positive about your goal you don't achieve it? Clearly there must be more to goal getting and life mastery than just thinking good thoughts.

I give this three stars as I don't agree with the principle of just thinking positively, and I would like to see more on how to effectively deal with negative beliefs in a way that let's them go. A better book in my opinion would be Larry Crane's Abundance Course book, and that is a book I completely endorse.

If you want to stick with the positive thinking train of personal improvement then this book will delight you and you will get alot from it. If you want something fresh, new and exciting then this book probably wont suit you.
on 30 December 2016
10/10 - this book could help anyone willing to help themselves and transform them into a better person, full of faith in the power of human's mind. Joseph Murphy was a man of faith in God and that quality, strengthened by love and good will towards his fellowmen helped him pass on a great wisdom for generations to come. Power of subconscious mind will help you overcome any obstacle that comes in your way, become full of joy and grateful for your life, forgive your enemies and forgive yourself for mistakes of the past, which will contribute to spiritual healing and growth. It teaches you that neither age, nor material means can stand in the way of success if you do not allow them, the power to be happy, successful and spiritually enlightened, power to be full of divine wisdom lies entirely within your grasp. Learn how to use it and attain eternal blessings and dwell in the joy of being forever.
on 4 January 2015
Since reading this book my life has turned around .my way of thinking from someone who has suffered with depression for many years this book has helped me so much I definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to change there life around cause it worked for me
on 21 September 2015
The power of Your Subconscious Mind by author Joseph Murphy is about as good as its gets in bringing understanding into the 'art and science' of using the mind to create your experiences.
The book is detailed, comprehensive, provocative and profound in its philosophy and teachings and is well laid out. There are many stories included of miraculous healings brought about by the correct deployment of the conscious and subconscious parts of the one mind.The author postulates that in order to manifest our desires, we have to bring about the 'marriage' of the conscious and subconscious and deliberately gain acceptance of transfer of your desired image into the dark room of your deeper, creative mind for processing.
A book for all seasons, providing some deep, but exciting insights, to change your life using the science of mind - your mind! I recommend this book for everyone earnestly looking for understanding and ways to move forward - perhaps more scientifically - in one's life. Buy it on Amazon - you won't be disappointed!

- Denis J - author of the '3-3-3' Enigma, now out on Amazon.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse