on 31 October 2016
Honestly I've had this bike a fortnight now and every single time I've ridden it something has gone wrong with it. The handlebars fell off twice despite being tightened to within an inch of their pathetic menial lives, the pedal won't screw in properly because the tread on the pedal doesn't match the tread on the bike so it falls off mid-ride in the middle of the road (I've been late to work because of this today), and even when the bike was delivered pieces were missing from the box and the assembly instructions didn't seem to match the bike I'd been given, which in itself isn't a big deal but with everything else I would honestly say that unless this bike is JUST TO LOOK AT AND KEEP IN YOUR HOUSE (because it is very pretty) do not buy it
5 people found this helpful
on 4 October 2016
My wife is over the moon with this bike. The colour is just as in the pictures, but even nicer, and it is such fantastic value for the quality.

The only reason for the 4 stars rather than 5 is because of a couple of initial issues we had with delivery and instructions. Firstly, it was delivered 3 days late (Prime) which was a bit of a shame as it was supposed to be a surprise gift, but apparently this was due to the carrier. Then part 2 of the assembly instructions stated you needed a part which was not included in the box. It tuned out they have changed the model slightly so this is no longer necessary. We followed the video on the Kingston website and the bike was ready to go in no time! Note: It is important to make sure all nuts and screws are tight before use, as a couple of these fell off on the first ride as we hadn't secured them properly on the basket.

My wife uses the bike for commuting to work, and the basket is very sturdy so she can fit her bag and some books in. The saddle is very comfy, and the whole bike feels well made. She has had plenty of comments and questions about where she has bought her beautiful bike, already! A great bike, and would highly recommend it.
on 16 December 2016
My wife had been pestering me for one of these for a while, so Christmas seemed an ideal time. The bicycle arrived in good time, but the packaging was a bit knocked about. Bike is pretty poor quality overall, and with one or two abrasions on the frame and pedal shanks. Assembly was straightforward enough, except that the bolt to affix the front mudguard was kicking around in the bottom of the box, and the accompanying nut was non existant. It took me approx. 40 minutes just taking my time. You can imagine my frustration when I blew up the tyres only to find that the rear one was punctured, so down to Halfords for a puncture repair kit. I eventually took the wheel off to repair the puncture, and once the wheel was back on, it took another 30 mins to get the gears to work. My tip, spend the extra, and buy from a reputable bike shop. Disappointing.
on 27 March 2018
Great value, very solid bike with speeds, we took the “slightly damaged” version for the half of the price and it arrived in the box, semi assembled. We previously watched YouTube video which has helped to assemble. If you have your own basic tools it would be helpful, that is always better than free tools one receives in the package. After few days, we had a problem with the chain falling off which was sorted at local shop for 8GBP.
Hence, overall very happy with it, even with this small payment for the chain realignment it was absolutely worth. We have been using it every day now for months and it is great!
on 12 October 2016
The bike came packaged well and required minimal assembly which was great. All of the components themselves are of good quality for the price and the baby blue colour looks very nice. This was a present for my girlfriend and was very well received!

A couple of things prevented me from. Giving it 5 stars:
-There was an excessive amount of grease on the saddle fork. This resulted in the saddle falling and spinning around mid-ride. This can be wiped off but it was just a hassle that had to be dealt with.
-The paint was scratched on the luggage rack and below the rear reflector. Amazon were really good with this when I contacted them and they instantly sorted out a partial refund. I can now paint over those marks.
-the rear mud-guard was positioned too low on original assembly by the seller resulting in friction on the wheel. It requires lots of disassembly to fix as the screw that affixes the mud-guard is difficult to get to.

Overall a good bike, but just make sure you get the parts that aren't put together assembled by someone who at least has some experience of bike maintenance / assembly in the past.
on 25 September 2016
I have the 19inch as I have longer legs, but this lovely bike is perfect if you want a slightly more retro look, a very upright seated position instead of being hunched over which was exactly what I was looking for. It's gear system is easy and fluid. The only reason for 4 stars is the seat is a little hard so I am going to upgrade to a comfort saddle as soon as possible..... I have had the most lovely comments whilst out and about on it.

Unfortunately I can't comment on how easy it was to put together I have an engineer at home so I used his skills whilst I made a coffee.
on 4 October 2017
Beautiful bike. Purchased through Bikes Direct 365. I assembled it myself using their YouTube guide, which was so easy to follow. However i had to adjust the front brakes myself (again using youtube) but everything else is working as it should. It arrived really quickly too. I love this bike. I'm 5'10 and the 19" is perfect.
on 24 September 2016
When arrived my husband unpacked to assembly, he found two big scratch on the back, kind of peeling the paint, rang Amazon straight way and explained what happened, I didn't want to send the bike back as needed for the next day, and could be sorted with some painting, Amazon refunded me £44.95 back. There was a small part missing which my husband said wouldn't make difference. Bike is fantastic, and is fast.
My only negative comment is the saddle isn't comfortable, but that can be changed. Also basket is ver small. But over all I am really happy with the bike.
on 12 August 2015
As an older lady I haven't been on a bike since my teens. I thought I'd get fit with buying a new bike. My partner assembled my bike and it took a wee while but well worth it. I love this bike. Well worth the money. It's very sturdy as well, The baskets great and holds quite a lot. Mostly big bottles of water for me. I love the colour too. I would recoment this bike.
on 20 July 2015
FANTASTIC I love it, I had a mountain bike that was not comfortable to ride. This traditional style is brilliant & because of the position you ride it makes it very comfortable. I ordered it at 9pm & it arrived in the afternoon the following day, it was straightforward to assemble.
2 people found this helpful