I wouldn't have thought the original InFamous would have been my cup of tea, preferring more casual and less action-based gaming, but its style of gameplay proved to be very accessible even to my limited gaming skills, and I found it thoroughly enjoyable. I waited for InFamous 2 to come down in price a bit, as I find new games a bit pricey, so on the Essentials line it's as good as it gets - I paid £12 at amazon.

To anyone who played the original, what immediately impresses is how the graphics have moved on. Everything is lit and shaded more convincingly, and the whole thing seems to have been given a detail boost over the first title. The controls are the same, but over the course of the game, you will be granted additional skills, some of which you have to acquire through exchanging points, some of which are enabled by how Good or Evil you happen to be at the time. The Good/Evil dynamic is still one of the nice things about the inFamous games, but it is also perhaps its biggest flaw, in that whilst you are at liberty to do a mix of Good and Evil things at your leisure, it doesn't gain you anything to be that way, you effectively have to pick a side and run with it in order to get your powers to the maximum. When you reach the endgame, you have the option to switch at the last moment, but then you would have to grind something chronic to get your Good/Evil metre to swing back the other way in order to see the other game ending.

As I said, I am not the most talented of gamers, but infamous has a nice way of helping you out in some respects without it being too obvious, and I managed to get through the game over the course of two or three months, and I enjoyed every minute. Yes there are a lot of optional side missions which you are advised to go on in order to boost your stats, and they do seem to follow a fixed number of themes: Follow this bad guy; Escort this good guy; traverse this route of cables to reach Point B; take out this gang at location X etc. But at no point was I getting worn down by it. The story is well scripted, the voice acting is surprisingly good, and the whole thing rounds out nicely.

If you have never played the infamous games and are on the look out for a relatively dark third-person action game, this is really worth a shot. It might be a bit long-in-the-tooth now but the gameplay and story plus the extra User-generated missions that are available add up to a great game.
on 11 March 2016
I bought this for my patner. Loved the first one. The second one is also great but I still prefer the first one. The disc was in great condition and a prompt delivery. I have not heard a word out of him. Life is now peaceful :)
on 23 April 2014
The first inFamous game was a classic, and this is definitely one that you should try out. However, inFamous 2 is a brilliant sequel, which improves on the first by adding more powers and the Amp.

A very well designed game, with the Good and Evil options add replayability. For this price, buy it.
on 23 October 2015
Loved it. arrived super quick (I was expecting to wait a few days!)
one of my favourite games. quite different from the first but in a good way. probably one of my favourite series of games ever.
on 25 September 2014
i bought infamous 1 & 2 when they first came out & after completing both good & evil karma on infamous 2 I sold it but as soon as infamous second son came out I just had to buy infamous 2 again I also bought infamous first light , its a shame that u can not buy infamous first blood on disc as well I was really looking forward to it ... I was getting frustrated with infamous 1 because I was stuck on the level where your fighting this demon conduit in the sewers & every time I get close to defeating it I died every time so I sold game but I am going to rebuy game & hopefully I can beat that level I like the infamous games there good , when second son came out I was hoping there would be a lot more levels than infamous 2 ....
on 10 November 2013
Purchased this for my son who was a fan of the original infamous.

For the price he's got the moneys worth from the game and is now eagerly awaiting the next instalment in the franchise.

So if you're a fan of the first, pick it up you'll not be disappointed.
on 1 June 2013
This is a good game, the added dimension of the user-created missions is a nice distraction from the main story. The only issue I have with this game and it was the same with the original is that once you have most of the powers you are pretty powerful so only the main bosses are really a challenge. Great fun though and takes a decent while to complete if you play all the side missions as well as the main story missions.
on 11 March 2013
If you enjoyed the first instalment you'll love this: basically more of the same. Loads to do with side missions etc. Proper gaming.
on 25 April 2014
I loved playing the first one, loved playing this one, and was really happy with the price! The boyfriend agrees!
on 5 February 2014
excellent game. varied missions and challenging enough to make it fun. also the game has several hours of play in it.

See one answered question