on 17 August 2015
Extremely easy to read which is not too surprising as the author is accomplished at his craft. Of particular useful would be the end-of-chapter synopsis of km's, roads, and best restaurants and B&B recommendations. Craig is beginning to have his own personality and I hope he re-appears in future publications.
on 25 October 2013
Simply put, I loved this book! The bike names, the food eaten, the stays in the various lodgings, the people he encountered enroute and the joy that the author experienced all go well together to shoe cycling in its best light. I'd heartily recommend this to anyone, cyclist or not.
on 28 December 2015
Travelogues can get a bit irritating sometimes, but I didn't find this book so. I really enjoyed it.
I am a complete Francophile and enjoy cycling, so this book ticked all my boxes.
on 3 January 2016
Although I am and have no intention of being a cycling enthusiast I thoroughly enjoyed this adventure, how can one not enjoy a trip through France while savouring those tasty delights.
on 24 July 2014
You had me hooked every step of the way, I even looked up many of the places you mention to out context to your descriptions. Thank you for sharing your journey. Impressed.
on 22 April 2014
Bought this for my Mum who is cycling mad and has also cycled France a few times. She loved it and has recommended it to all her biking friends. A very entertaining read.
on 16 August 2013
Really enjoyed this book, which is a witty, fast-paced trek across France. As a cyclist and a lover of France, I found Stephen's descriptions of his journey, the places he visited and hotels in which he stayed, fascinating. Each chapter includes a helpful summary of the day's journey, including where to stay and where to visit. This information would be useful for anyone considering a similar journey, especially for the Tour de France climbs he undertakes towards the end of the book.
on 22 December 2013
He takes you through France and highlights places of interest. He rates the places he stayed at and gives an idea of the price.

I reduced my rating by one star because at the end he wanted to ride most of the major climbs that were taken in by the Tour De France. I felt I was already familiar with these and did not need telling about them. However others could find this section interesting.
on 19 June 2013
Steven writes with so much enthusiasm, both for his cycle journeys with his various bikes , who incidentally all have their own characters but also for the wonderful cakes and superb meals he enjoys throughout his journey. I loved his description of the numerous places he stayed at and the characters he met en route. Brilliant book, ideal for a holiday read, I am just sorry that I have finished it.
on 21 April 2014
Bought the Kindle version to read on the iPad, loving it. Steven has a good style of writing and a sense of humour that sits well with me. I enjoy France and also the Tour de France and as a weekend bicycle rider (hardly a cyclist) can appreciate the effort that he has gone to for this book. In it's own way it is also inspiring…. makes you want to go and do it yourself!