Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.24

on 17 March 2013
The compact format of this book is ideal for the reader who wants to learn specifically about Queen Elizabeth I the last Tudor queen.

This book covers all her life, from her birth on 7th September, 1533. We learn about her childhood, upbringing and the trials she had to endure, her relationship with her siblings, her older sister Mary, better known to many as Mary Queen of Scots and younger brother, King Edward VI.

From reading this, we can easily see how Queen Elizabeth I became such a powerful and strong leader, never marrying but dealing with suitors and foreign relations in her own way. The book finishes with her death on 24th March, 1603 at the grand age of 69.

As an adult interested in learning more about Queen Elizabeth I I found it a very interesting and enjoyable read, but I would imagine it would be invaluable to a child carrying out a history project on this subject.
on 24 January 2013
Interesting & informative. Just enough information to whet the appetite. What an interesting period of history this was, if at times rather gruesome.
on 3 December 2012
These very brief history books are a great idea,but they seem to belittle the reader,and I wonder why specialists have not been employed to write them than a proverbial "Jack of All Trades".Moreover I wonder just how long they take to reproduce and who on earth is doing the Proof Reading? Since they are so short there really is no excuse for such howlers!"Elizabeth was fairly healthy until 1802......" Mary apparently reinstated the Herecy acts in 1544,even though her father Henry VIII was on the throne and her step brother Edward was yet to reign! In reality, Mary was never actually pregnant and the first half of the book is devoted to a lot of waffle about Court intrigues,before Elizabeth became Queen, which only concern her by implication, and not by substance.These are important in showing us the character of the young Elizabeth, but they are discussed in too much detail in the manner of a modern day soap opera. This means that Elizabethan heroes like Sir Francis Drake and Sir Walter Ralegh are kicked into touch without a mention and no proper assessment of her reign is discussed,nor its immediate implications for the rule of James I.
on 4 September 2013
A Very Brief History: Queen Elizabeth I was a simple but interesting introduction to ‘The Golden Reign’ of Elizabeth I the last Tudor monarch. There were a few typos in this but other than that this was an easy and entertaining read.
on 3 December 2014
These Histories in an Hour are perfect for someone with a bitsize interest in history and as a taster to getting something deeper
on 20 October 2013
It is good for a brief history but I would have liked a few subject headings to refer to so I keep on the subject
on 19 October 2013
this was a very good purchase the wife and I both enjoyed this.
Will buy from this seller in the future