Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 11 March 2013
I am not overweight, or looking to lose any weight, but I found this book fabulous.

For me, it was fascinating to finally learn how my body uses the different food I put in it. Zoe has worked hard to distil the truth from a tangle of mixed messages, and explains it in a very understandable way.

The value for me in this book is in the awareness it brought me. We eat so much food made by other people, not knowing what's in it, that it's so wonder we can lose control over what it does to us.

This isn't an eating plan really (as I can't stand these), but rather it's helping eating education and advice. It showed me how I can tell myself stories that aren't true - in this case that I am at the peak of my health. I thought I was very healthy, but I was startled at the effect was on me of only eating "real food". First I felt dizzy and weak, despite eating plenty of good food. Then when that passed (after a few days), I felt fresher than ever, lighter in my head and mood, and much more conscious and deliberate about what I put in myself.

Thank you Zoe - this is valuable for anyone who eats.
on 16 November 2014
Took a couple of attempts to finally get stuck into this book, all the nitty gritty reasons for gaining weight and feeling sluggish etc was a tad hard going, but once I got to the actual plan it was really enlightening. Must admit the first 5 days of the phase 1 eating plan was extremely tough but the results were fab. Continued for a while longer with the 2nd phase but being an emotional eater I kept having slip ups. Determined to try again as I found the book helpful.
on 9 November 2016
A wonderful, educational book. Zoe Harcombe highlights the problem, causes and effects of sugar addiction. Her diet makes great sense - hard to stick to (as far as I'm concerned), but I still go back to this eating plan on a regular basis in order to give my body a well needed break from sugar.
on 29 January 2013
I've been following Zoe's theories for nearly 2 years, having previously spent a lifetime counting calories with short term success, inevitably putting back on all I had lost within a few months. This regime makes sense, forget about counting calories, points or anything but try to avoid sugar, processed food, and eating carbs and fats at the same time. I have lost and kept off 20lbs for the longest time in my adult life, so I can recommend this from personal experience and also recommend the recipe book which accompanies the Harcombe Diet. It's sensible advice, and enjoyable real food, I just wish Zoe's work had been around when I was in my twenties!!
on 15 January 2014
This book is the best I have read in explaining why we have cravings for sugary foods. It makes it so clear that so many people are ruining their pancreases by overeating sugary drinks and sweets and chocolates. There is only so much insulin a pancreas can produce before it gives up and you become diabetic. The prognosis for that illness is dire, blindness and gangrene can develop. This was a real help in understanding how to keep the weight down.
on 4 March 2017
Zoe Harcombe is my favourite Doctor!!
If only the NHS employed her, or at least listened to her, the country wouldn't be in the state it is.
Our family (& now some friends) follow Harcombe lifestyle. "Never eat less - eat better"
on 1 September 2015
Excellent read for me as i have been suffering with health issues for a few months and everything i have tried has not worked! Medical checks have not given me any results! So self help seems to be the next move :-)
on 9 August 2016
Although I didn't quite agree with everything that was talked about. It has helped me endlessly! It helped me understand my binge eating and how to control it rather than try and control my emotions behind it. My eating habits have changed totally, and as a result alot of my emotions! I lost a stone in 6 weeks without really trying and feel so full of energy! Sometimes something just clicks.... And door me, this was my last puzzle piece :-)
on 19 September 2016
I bought 3 books for the Harcombe diet and each one has added information. Great as part of the collection or on its own. Explains really easily.
on 10 March 2014
Very considerable to the point. Yes there is a lot of science but it is clearly written and explained. Would recommend reading the book in its entirety before starting phase 1. The psychology part was a fascinating insight which struck a nerve with me.