Being a timepiece collector, I simply could not let this lovely Seiko Kinetic slip by when I saw it at a local dealer. I paid nearly twice the price listed here, yet still feel that it is worth every penny nonetheless.

This is a stunning automatic watch, sporting a clutter free, easy to read fascia. Everything about this watch reflects great attention to detail. The red accents on the dial, case circumference and crowns blend in so well, making for a very stylish design.

Seiko's flawless Kinetic system means you never have to change a battery. This movement means that the watch can be charged for months and not days as with most automatic watches. The transparent glass back reveals the precision engineered gears.

5 Star rating means "I love it" ..... and I honestly do !!
on 22 June 2014
I bought this on a whim, purely because I thought the price was decent.

I already have quite a range of mainly cheap watches and a couple of nice (in my opinion) divers watches, including a Seiko Orange Monster and a Citizen Eco-drive, both of which have great lume.

This watch is nice and comfortable with the metal bracelet, although I have actually swapped it for a £5 black/grey/red Zulu strap with chunky brushed stainless hardware - this actually looks really neat and is very, very comfortable as well as matching the aesthetics of the watch perfectly.

In common with other reviewers, this does take some work to charge up the capacitor. I have basically shaken my watch loads and loads for about a week or two and it now registers at the 20 second mark, meaning there is a month or more of charge. I'm not particularly troubled that it is taking time to get up to the six month/30 seconds charge - this will just take time.

The accuracy is absolutely superb. I set it to the atomic clock and it was still bang on after a week.

A detailed and unbiased review can be found on a link in the comments because it seems I can't include the link within the main body of my review.

The watch has fair lume at the 5/15/25/35/45/55 mins markers as well as all three hands.

Plus, as and when the time comes (probably ten to 20 years or so) you can change the capacitor over quite cheaply with a bit of DIY rather than going to a watch specialist or a dealer. Guides are available online - this may strike horror into the souls of some but I enjoy tinkering and wouldn't be troubled by this in the slightest.

So, in summary, a great watch and very good value.
review image
on 1 August 2014
I have owned a Seiko Kinetic watch for some years and was highly delighted with it's performance, but since my accident seven years ago which left me as tettraplegic, it had been a bit unreliable. Weather this was due to my lack of movement I wasn't sure, so I hesitated at spending money on this new model, but I'm pleased to say it has worked perfectly for me.
I have worn it for a month now and the storage warning device which tells you how much backup you have got tells me I'm between one month and six month of power, and six months would bee full power.So I am well pleased with it.
on 17 May 2013
Wanted a watch that could be worn with a suit and on hols in my swim gear. With the Seiko SKA553P1 I found one that does both with in a simple and under-stated way. The spec is here for all to see but what I could usefully point out to potential purchasers is the weighty feel of the watch and its depth. Being an automatic with Seiko's Kinetic movement inside it adds to the weight and depth of the watch. I find the weight reassuring. It's certainly not uncomfortable in any way. The extra thickness of the watch maybe something to consider for those not used to automatics. Measure the thickness of your existing watch and then visualise the extra mm's if there are to be any with the purchase of this watch. This watch was 4 mm thicker than my old Victorinox and I was concerned that the thickness would turn something simple and precise into something more 'showy' and gawky or geeky if that makes any sense! Again, you can be reassured that the watch does not jump off your wrist like a bolts, knobs, screws and portholes divers watch (hey, when I've finished this meeting I'm going scuba diving off Macau....) Everything is very clear, the luminous pointers (remember they are only on alternate markers and not the numbers) are bright after only minimal daylight exposure and the red trim to various parts of the watch is one concession to making sure people notice you have a new watch. One thing I have found is that the clasp to the strap produces a very soft rattle as it does not close upon itself in entirety. Not a problem unless you're planning to creep up on someone Ninja style - it's that quiet. But it is there. Overall I am very, very satisfied with the watch and at the price of £125 it's the best value for features I've seen across the web in a long time looking.
on 8 June 2014
A genuinely original design which seems to be doing everything expected of it. I already have a Kinetic Sportura and they both need a great deal of, what is the right word, agitating to get them charged. This watch is outstanding value.
on 15 May 2014
This is such a nice design for a watch. It stands out but is not over the top. Other watch companies would do well to take note. Read the instructions and you can not go wrong. The bracelet is easy to adjust. With the right tools. Very well made and a joy to own. I have a Seiko 5 which is 20 years old and still keeps good time so I trust this make.
on 2 May 2015
The watch is really nicely made and great quality, however as my title states, you'd think the hands or the numbers would be luminous but they aren't which was a big disappointment for me. I really like the layout and the size of it. Also having the cool feature of being able to tell how much kinetic charge it held was quite nifty.
on 4 June 2014
I had this watch in my wish list for some time. When it came to buying it, the price had dropped to £89 which is amazing for this quality! Such a simple, yet stunning design, not heavy at all - I'm used to wearing big watches so this was just over half the weight. Only downside for me was the strap - I'm not a fan of the fold over clasp, so I had it fitted with a divers strap for security.

Grab yourself a bargain at £89!
on 11 July 2014
This product is the perfect alternative for the consumer that is not using all the functions of a chronograph.
It looks very nice due to the red color insert and the display shape and color. The Kinetic function is fabulous, considering the price for this kind of watch.
Thank you Amazon for the delivery, 7 days before the estimated date.
on 1 April 2015
Great Watch. Looks good & is clear & easy to read in any light. Strap is also fairly easy to adjust, just look online for instructions and it will save you the cost of taking it to a jeweller. Have had this for almost a year and is very accurate & keeps time well.