on 15 January 2017
It's taken me a long time to catch up with this, four years in fact. At first I thought Scott had gone beyond not just 'songs' as a French journalist observed of Tilt but music altogether, and produced a particularly obtuse theatrical installation/script. It took the death of his most devoted protege David bowie to send me back to Mr Engel and see how this final part of the trilogy works. Weirdly it's all in that amazing voice, more present on this than anything else since the 60s. The secret is, like all great art, to just let it in. Then treat yourself with the joyous 'easy listening' of the more recent collaboration with Sunno and the Childhood of a leader soundtrack.
on 3 February 2015
Scott keeps threatening us with a dance album - I hope he does, until then you can dance to Epizootics - I know, I do! This is Scott's comedy album. I listened to it in the dark on head phones the first time thinking he would scare me, but no, I found it really funny. I love Scott's sense of humour. Scott is all kinds of wonderful as always on this album.
on 30 November 2016
Loved this
on 12 December 2015
smashing
on 11 May 2016
Great
on 15 February 2013
When I first listened to Climate of Hunter in 1983 I found it very difficult after the brilliance and beauty of Scott 1 to 4 and some of the old Walker Brothers recordings. When I listen to it now i find it accessible and hauntingly beautiful. The following albums had the same effect, they only revealed themselves after a few years. With Bish Bosch it is quite different. It wouldn't of course go through as easy listening, but it is a record which reveals itself after a few listens and it is very beautiful and moving indeed.
on 24 March 2013
Another Freak Zone inspired purchase. This is not Scott Walker as you know him from the cheesy pop hits of the 1960s. This is strange, unsettling, difficult to listen to and inspired, if mad, genius. I wouldn't even know what to compare it with, Scott really has a very unique sound. It's going to take a few listens to get into it, but I just know it will be worth the investment.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 January 2013
Amazon don't need my review to sell this one it should fly off the shelves sold to discerning music lovers the world over so I will not comment further.
33 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 February 2013
Another deliciously skewed slice of genius from the out-there legend. Made me laugh, cry (in the best way), scrunch my face and protein eyes in bemusement. It's a magnificent avant aural sculpture for those with brave discerning ears.
on 4 February 2014
This is a superb, challenging, inventive, and even comedic album, though not for the fainthearted. The majority of the music is driven by Scott Walker’s lyrics, which take the music through a series of non-linear rhythms, textures, nuances and sounds that really push the envelope of what can constitute music and confronts the listener. I purchased the vinyl edition which features two heavyweight black vinyl LP’s, a CD of the album plus a thick lyric book – it is a really nice edition, recommended.