on 11 March 2017
Over forty years ago the World Record Club brought out an LP of A Christmas Carol. I remember with real nostalgia bringing the LP out every year and listening to it with the family. It always started our Christmas. Sadly the record was damaged and no longer playable.

Finding this version was a surprise. I have to admit it did not stand up to my memories of that LP from years ago boy nevertheless I still found it so enjoyable.

I first listened to it whilst on a long train journey and have to say that the drawings helped do much to set the mood of the story.

The younger elements of the family will, I hope, get as much enjoyment from this as I have and who knows it may be the start of a new tradition.
on 20 November 2013
This is extremely good value with almost two hours of narration and beautiful drawings which really bring the story to life. I listen to a lot of audio books mostly when commuting but this introduces another dimension, it's wonderfully relaxing to listen and watch the story unfold. This would be a great way to introduce Dickens to children.
It works very well on the Kindle fire HD but just one tip - increase the screen timeout to 15mins in settings for a trouble free listen.
I only found this app by following a link to another Christmas app, and I am so pleased that I did.
Along with other reviewers I hope there will be other classics released in the same format.
on 25 November 2013
What a fabulous app for pennies. Graphics superb and of course the story. Please, please more of the same.

To the reviewer that gave this app 3 stars because kindle 'sleeps' may I suggest he/she sets it to 'never'. Problem solved. Should be 5 stars!
on 11 January 2013
A Christmas classic beautifully retold. The artwork is great and the narration is spot on. Suffers from odd glitch but for duration and charm it's worth it. The free version gives a taster of the whole story. So have a try.
on 8 May 2013
This is a fantastic version of the classic Charles Dicken's book "A Christmas Carol". Beautiful illustrations by Michael Cole, a real work of art and a labour of love.
All I can say is absolutely STUNNING!!!
on 16 November 2013
I got the free app first, which is a taster of the first four chapters. I enjoyed it so much I bought this full version (all 16 chapters). A classic story with fantastic drawings.
on 18 December 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this version of the classic Novel. The artwork is excellent and allows time for the imagination to linger in the moment as the story is ably narrated. Numerous movies have been made based on this Dickens Novel but, apart from the excellent Alastair Sim performance, non stick in my memory as capturing the atmosphere of the book; therefore I would recommend others turn off the tv and give this a try - I am sure it will prove to be a pleasant surprise.
on 7 December 2013
I downloaded this quite by accident and glad I did. Congratulations to all concerned the narration and the illustrations/effects complement one another admirably. I like audio books but have never considered them with illustrations before something new for me to look out for. Any plans for other books?
on 14 November 2014
FANTASIC!! Beautifully drawn, narration very good. Downloaded the app last year, as usual wasn't well over the Christmas period, took the opportunity to play this app and was blown away. What's the Christmas story app for this year? Hope it's one from the same production people. Can't wait.
on 28 January 2014
This App is amazing, I would rate it as the best one I have ever seen. The drawings come to life enhancing the story telling and the imagery. The voices are perfect, congratulations all round, I shall keep it on screen and please do more of these they are great.