Customer reviews

on 23 October 2014
Excellent product but for the same price could of have twice as much ie 20kg by googling easychick.
I use this product for both my Chickens and Ducks, I find it better than Straw.

My Chickens do enjoy ruffling the bedding and as it is dust free I have no worries with it affecting their breathing. (As for my Ducks, well, they just dirty everything), the added benefit of this is that it is easy to clean due to the smaller size of the individual pieces.

I feel that due to the quality I will not go back to Straw any time soon. 5 Stars, it lasts for ages too!
on 3 June 2017
great hatching chick bedding, easy to clean, no dust and a little goes a long way. Highly recommended
on 4 April 2017
Received with thanks
on 1 August 2017
Great
on 10 December 2013
I received this order a little late but have no doubt in my mind it was due to royal mail and not equestrian. The customer service on it was absolutely top notch too.

The product itself was excellent quality and has served its purpose to the hilt. I'm very happy with it and so are my chickens. Thanks!
on 18 November 2016
Bought this instead of my normal wood shavings and I'm really impressed but even a 20kg bag would not last very long if you have more than a few backyard chickens which makes this quite an expensive product. I've also used some easichick on a muddy patch in the run so has more than one use!
on 6 June 2016
I have 2 chickens and a relatively small coop. This bedding is perfect. I poop pick everyday, there is no smell and it goes in the compost at the end of every week. It stays very dry and my girls seem happy with it.
on 9 August 2014
Wonderful bedding, chickens love it, not dusty, so no breathing problems. Easy to use, easy making it easier to clean out chickens.
on 13 November 2016
I wanted to love this, I really did, it is cheaper than Dengie freshbed, and the reviews were really good... sadly, I found that it wasn't for me.
On the plus side, it didn't blow around when I was cleaning the hens out, and it did the job as far as bedding goes.
In my opinion, the negatives were:
I didn't find it to be particularly absorbent
It doesn't compost nearly as quickly as straw, which I didn't consider before buying it, but is proving a slight problem in the composter.
It seemed a little harsh/sharp... which I thought was probably more me than the hens, but they actually went off lay for a couple of days when I put this in, and we haven't had any problems previously with changing over bedding.
Dengie donates to and supports BHWT too, so that is another reason that I have gone scuttling back to Dengie freshbed. I can see how and why some people would like Easichick, but my personal preference is still Dengie.