on 11 May 2014
I normally dont write reviews but as I am doing my first triathlon next week I have spent hours looking around at suits so thought I may be able to help other first timers. I had 2 requirements: 1 that I didn't want to spend too much as I may not get the bug (although think I already have) and 2 I didn't want to look like a total goon - lets face it all in one lycra suits although needed are a pretty hideous idea unless you are a model! I was more apprehensive about this rather than the actual tri!

I am 5'10 broad shouldered size 36 c/d chest and wear size 14 really although normally find I struggle with body length and shoulder width so sometimes need a 16. I am not that hippy and have had 2 kids so worried about the lycra not hiding anything! I ordered XL in the black/white/red and also an XXL in black. The XL fitted great and feels like it holds the baby bit in a bit! Also the padding is really comfy. There is a built in sports top which is a bit weird to get in as it is attached but once you get in (which is easy enough) and zip the front up it feels great (or as great as an all in one lycra suit can!) I had it in my head i wanted an all black suit to hide imperfections but they only had the mix colour in the XL and after modelling to the family they all said that the mix colour is more flattering as the lines are in good places. I actually look like I have a bit of a waist for the first time in my life. Also was worried the silicone bits around the leg would be uncomfy and too tight as I have average sized muscly legs rather than model pins so didnt want the digging in look. They are really comfy. I was thinking that a built in sports crop top thing wouldn't be enough to stop over bounce but after jumping up and down vigorously in front of a mirror everything was still in place and I think I can get away without having another top underneath.

I tried a runbreeze one on as well which was good but found that the padding was a bit stiffer therefore not as comfy. Run breeze one doesnt have the built in bra bit.

Also bought a number belt, elastic laces from e bay for a few pounds each. As I have been told that these are a good help in transitions.

Roll on the slateman next week! Good luck everyone
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 October 2013
I bought this for a sprint distance triathlon. It was my first ever triathlon and I spent ages researching which suit to buy. I wanted one with an integrated sports bra as I knew I really needed support for the run. I am usually a size 10-12 but after reading reviews about the sizing of the product I opted for the medium (size 12) and it is a perfect snug fit. It was great for the triathlon - great to swim in and quick drying for the rest of the race. All this at a reasonable price. I would highly recommend this product.
on 1 September 2013
I ordered this trisuit as I have recently been bought a road race bike with the intention of possibly getting into triathlons!! However, I didn't want to spend a fortune on a suit that I might only end up wearing a couple of times!! Did my usual search on the internet and these Aropec suits came up. They looked great in the picture so thought I would give them a try as the price was so good. I can always send it back was my thought. I couldn't decide whether to go with the black and red colourway or just the plain black so ordered both, thinking I would just keep one if I liked it. I usually wear a size 10, but went for a medium size in these suits. They arrived within two days of ordering, so really quick delivery, and after working out how to get them on (so glad my other half didn't video me!!), the fit was absolutely perfect and I loved both of them so much I kept them both. The quality is very good and the style excellent. My other half bought his at double the price and he was very impressed too!! Think he may be ordering one of the man's ones now!!
on 24 July 2013
Was a bit tight putting it on though if had a bigger size it would not fit as good worn this three times now its very comfortable was a very good buy
on 15 August 2015
Obviously well made but as a size 12 I bought large and could not get the integrated bra bit over my hips to get it on so had to return it. At £4ish to post it back I decided not to risk another size. Surely most people's hips are wider than their top half? The integrated bra needs more stretch or to zip in instead. Return was processed swiftly.
on 17 February 2014
Sizing is very small, my girlfriend is a size 12/14 but quite long in body so had to swap it from a large to a extra large which they did without any problem. great service.
on 8 July 2015
Complimentary cut which was my main concern. No chaffing or other complaints. Back pocket handy for gels on a triathlon. Bra not sufficient support for a larger lady like me, but easily solved by wearing my sports bra under it. I'm 5'6', size 10-12 and around 10st 10lbs
on 11 December 2014
Brilliant item, really helpful when I contacted them, with an almost immediate reply. The item is excellent, though you do need to size up. I am a 12 with a 36D chest. I could have worn an xL but as it was sold out I went for the xxl which is a good fit on the chest and a teeny bit big elsewhere. The original M I ordered was too small. I returned the M, got my refund very quickly and the XXL turned up in a couple of days. Brilliant!
on 20 May 2016
Material is nice and light, I guess I expected something a bit like a wet suit but this is lovely and light. I am a size 10/12 and I went for the medium. I am glad I did because the in-built support bra makes it a bit of a squeeze getting it over my hips but once on it is a nice tight fit. I am yet to wear it for my first triathlon but all good so far.....
on 21 August 2016
The first time you try it on, it is alarmingly tight, but once you're used to it it's fine. It served a purpose for an Aquathlon. My only criticism is that when the front zip is done up it is quite itchy on the skin at the top, but when you're competing you don't notice it.