Customer reviews

on 23 November 2012
***I received an advance copy from the author for reviewing.
Blooms is the 4th and final book in the Dusk Chronicles saga, in fact as each book continues from where the other left off, they could be read as one continuous story. If you have already read 'Seeds, Roots & Thorns' then you will need no encouragement to devour this one too. I don't want to spoil the story for anyone still to read it, but I was a bit disappointed at the way some events turned out, I'm not sure whether there was another way to end the story without other loose ends hanging though - a hint of hope that what had been removed could sometime in the future be replaced when it was safe to do so might have been good. Although they spoke about people in Bristlecone moving on and forgetting about them, that wouldn't be true of Quinn's family. I also thought it was a bit strange how a well known figure like Hector could come and go through the gate without being spotted when he was supposed to be going in the opposite direction, and whether his country would start a war once they found out about his death. Apart from these minor points - and a bit of a tendency for Quinn to be in floods of tears, especially in the first few chapters - I really enjoyed it.
All the main characters are wonderful and memorable and it was lovely to have a few hints about their future happiness. I thoroughly recommend this book and indeed the whole series.
on 22 August 2013
Another great chapter in this series.

"Quinn Robbins is stuck in Eirentheos, unable to use the gate to go home, and she's facing the biggest decisions of her life. Will she accept the destiny that was handed to her - one she never wanted - or will she walk away"

I am so invested in all the characters I just want to keep reading so I can find out what happens next :) The pace of these books is just great
on 24 March 2013
I read all the books back to back without stopping, it's very rare to find a series that will hold my interest to the end, and still left me wanting more. I loved the writing style which got straight down to the story without all of the annoying flowery description you usually get with "other world" books. Very readable and perfectly paced, I would recommend it to anyone.
on 1 September 2015
Phew! I absolutely love this series - it's responsible for many nights lack of sleep as I couldn't put the latest instalment down! There is so much more potential for exploring future happenings - more soon please! There must be scope for more than seven (heartfelt plea!)
on 2 February 2014
well written, interesting characters, lovely setting, this author really made me care about them all and fall in love with them: totally imaginative and I can't wait to read more
on 4 September 2013
Blooms of Consequence (Dusk Gate Chronicles - Book Four) - just keep reading these books, they are so very good.
on 31 March 2016
Loved this book. It is by far by best series ever. I will read this over and over again.