on 3 January 2013
I've always enjoyed stuff produced/presented/offered by Jools Holland. He himself is a gem! However, this particular collection of offerings is one of the best ever. I have really relished the combination of some of my favourite 'golden oldie' songs, but performed by some of the younger talent each in their own inimicable style without losing the essence of the original.
Paolo Nutini's "Lovin' Machine" had me dancing round the house; Paloma Faith's "Something's Got A Hold On Me" was rich and poignant and Rumer's "Accentuate the Positive ... " was a revelation and delight.
Thanks Jools. This CD really lifts my spirits and makes my whole house come alive. If I'm feeling a bit 'low' it gives me a bit of 'fizz', and even my four-year-old grandaughter loves this music. It's one of the few items in my music collection that the young adults in the family universally approve of.
on 4 December 2012
Such a great compilation! So refreshing to hear current artists take on some of the most iconic songs and actually pull them off!! Perfect Christmas present for the parents this year!!
on 5 December 2012
I bought this album on a whim or a bit of an impulse. I am recommending that if you buy this to book a day off work and listen, listen again and keep listening. This is such a good album. Quality artists and a great performance by Jools and his blues orchestra. This is my fav album of all time.
on 4 December 2012
Such a good album, play it loud and enjoy some brilliant jazz, soul, blues to get your whole body moving.
on 12 December 2012
Great compilation of well known familiar songs given the Jools magic. Bringing out the best of some great modern singers.
the Amy Winehouse track is worth the purchase price alone.
on 7 December 2012
Just great, you expect great stuff from him, and you have it here...what more do you need.. go get it :)
on 8 December 2012
So if you like JH & everything he touches; you'll love this.
If you don't know his work then this would make a great introduction to a brilliant musician with some fantastic collaborations.

The problem is that if you've ever thought "bit same-y" when listening to JH, this won't blow you away.

Now, I'm a fan, & I like his work, & love his collaborations; I just have to say that there's no particular innovation here. That's not a problem & it's a great album. You should just know what to expect. More great tunes from the man & all his friends!
on 14 December 2012
If you (like me) love the hootenanny each new year's eve, you'll love this. My highlight (other than the fantactic Accentuate the Positive) is Cee Lo Green's Reet Petite.
on 6 December 2012
This is a superb collaboration with some real standout tracks - Jessie J and Rumer amongst them. Well worth downloading.
on 4 January 2013
What can I say!
Jools Holland at his best with other stars.
Great to play when you have dinner guests or when you are preparing foos for guests