on 10 March 2013
I really really enjoyed this book, it was one of those books that I just couldn't stop thinking about. I wanted to know what was going to happen next! Lily and Mel are such brilliantly crafted characters and the different points of view worked so well. If I had known this book was about 'vampires' I wouldn't have read it, however I am so glad I did! Will definitely be purchasing the sequel and spreading the word about this book. It's an easy, enjoyable read.
on 18 September 2014
This is a fantastic novel. It's tense, exciting and the characters are very engaging. The storyline is fascinating. I loved reading this book and would highly recommend it.
on 5 November 2013
I've read a few vampire type books but this one is a page turner with an unexpected twist. Had lots to do today but found myself glued to the sofa reading this book.
on 11 March 2014
the most boring book I have read in a long time...skipped through till the end and now can't even recall the story...that bad.
on 17 March 2013
It needed to be longer, there needed to be more somehow or maybe I just needed more. I hope there will be a sequel.
on 7 March 2013
A different take on a familiar theme and I really enjoyed it.
There are vampires and then there is Sebastian!
on 13 February 2013
The Farm by Emily McKay was an intense, claustrophobic read, as many Dystopias are. There were many things i liked about it: the kick ass heroine, her autistic sister and her POV, the concept of having humans in farms for protection and 'harvesting' of their blood, the gritty vibe with the really fast scary Ticks (the infested), the romance between boy and girl. It kept me glued to its pages till the wee hours. There were, however, a few questions that remained unanswered, which i cannot reveal since they would be spoilers...What is Sebastian's role in this? What happened to the parents and the adults in general? What is the link between Ticks and vampires?
In all, it was a captivating read, with fast paced suspensefull plot all the way and a moody atmosphere, plus likeable protagonists and a romantic undercurrent.....recommended to fans of dystopians and thrillers, such as The Forest of Hands and Teeth, Slated, Unwind etc.
on 24 March 2014
A well written and refreshing end of the world as we know it tale. I loved it, well done Emily
on 28 May 2013
Book itself is OK, not exactly a masterpiece. However, the whole twist at the end of the book is revealed on the back synopsis. It's like whoever wrote the back hadn't actually read the book. Waste of time and money
on 3 March 2016
Great product and fast delivery