on 19 May 2014
I baught two of these for my girls for christmas aged 4 and 6. Excellent quality. Still running 6 months later.... evan after multiple knocks and bangs from the kids. Great products.
on 15 April 2016
'Somertek' is the generic brand name of all of the 4 companies which supply this. Guessing that the name is derived due to their location of Somerton, Somerset. The companies have other products under this name also. Each company had a different price 4 this n free delivery on Morgan Computers site and Cartex, but not on the other 2 sister company sites, ijtdirect and Bentham Ltd - bit weird!

I returned the 1st one I received (from Bentham Ltd via Amazon - free postage address available for returns so can't fault that side of the companies) as the screen had scratches and a few bubbles on it. When I contacted Richard at the company, he told me that there was a protective film over the screen, as per usual on products like this, and the bubbles/scratch were just on this so just remove that n it will be fine. I tried, while he was on the phone, to find an edge to remove it, but no joy so think that that's not true. He gave me the free postage return address and refund (I think, lol, can't recall!) and I purchased from Morgan Computers own website for £5 cheaper.

Arrived quickly and no scratch marks, but still a couple of minor bubbles. It was a gift, but accepted this one anyway as didn't think I would get much better for the price and all the things it said it could read and the spec of it.

Unfortunately I have now been told by the person that I gifted it to, that it now only has a charge of about half an hour, opposed to the spec given of 2-3 hours, so a full movie can't even be watched without having to stop watching and put on the charge at least 4 times throughout a normal length movie. This wouldn't really be an issue if u could plug it into the charge and keep watching, but alas u have 2 charge it when it's off as another reviewer had said but that I thought that surely that can't be correct, they must be doing something wrong, but no! Very strange! :-(

I checked out the addresses of the companies on google maps n it just seemed to be a person's house which had a lock-up garage at the rear, although Morgan Computers have been trading a long time and had a high street shop, but some reviewers of the company state that they have went down hill in the last few years since they closed the shop and the original owner sold the company name and website to Bentham Ltd in Nov 2009.

I purchased it for £79.95 but see it is now £59.95 on all their websites and £69.95 on Bentham Ltd via Amazon. Still not worth it!
on 20 January 2014
got this for my son. DVD player very good, but can't get the TV bit to work properly, takes up to 6 hours to charge up, for a 2 hour working, but it works for my 10 year old.
on 13 January 2015
THIS PRODUCT IS A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY, THE FIRST ONE WHICH I PURCHASED IN DECEMBER 2014 THE CHARGER STOPPED WORKING THEY REPLACED IT BUT THAT ONE WAS NOT WORKING HAS WELL SO THEY GIVE ME A NEW DVD PLAYER AND CHARGER, THE FIRST DVD PLAYER LASTED UNTIL NOW 27/06/1016 BUT NOW HAS PACKED UP SO I THOUGHT OK I HAVE GOT A REPLACMENT ONE STILL BOXED TURNED IT ON LASTED 2 HOUR AND THEN THAT PACKED UP
on 27 January 2015
Player would not charge - light went out after about an hour. Screen appeared to have a protector which was beginning to peel off at the top and could not be removed. Seller provided a replacement which also stopped charging after about 10 minutes. I then asked for a full refund which was provided promptly. I cannot fault this seller's excellent service and would happily use them again- maybe they should justnot stock this particular product
on 16 November 2013
fantastic for watching movies in bed - given as a present to friend in hospital - works fine - good for the price
on 8 July 2014
Very good value, good pic/sound, for the price an excellent buy
on 13 December 2013
Excellent so different from the normal portable DVD the children will love them. We tried them out and great picture sound really great buy. Excellent service delivery really quick. Highly recommended
on 22 February 2016
Absolutely fantastic. DVD player arrived in 3 working days. It works. I use it to play my opera dvd's. Sound more than adequate , picture quality tip top. At £69.95 a bargain. Would recommend. NTSC /PAL.
on 18 February 2016
Terrible product as it didn't do as was advertised asked for a refund within the time nessecary and was left to be notified about this when it was too late to get a refund and this is terrible to work like this