on 20 March 2014
The easy accessible large water tank is brilliant, as too is the locking mechanism which allows you to move the generator from room to room with ease. I have previously had two Polti products, for which you didn't need to adjust the temperature setting for any fabric. I find with the Tefal you are better choosing a lower temperature for the lighter weight fabrics and then increasing for cotton/heavier fabrics, but this is the only downside. I understand there is a slight noise that is generated when maintaining temperature, but as I am deaf this doesn't bother me. Due to reliability problems with my previous products, I purchased the Tefal through Which recommendation and have already shared my positive feedback with friends.
on 12 September 2017
A game changer
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 August 2013
It is not surprising that this excellent iron was tops in the Which reviews. It is everything we were hoping for, and cannot recommend it too highly.
on 28 August 2013
Bought this based on Which and Amazon reviews after my previous Bosch Steam Generator gave up on me after 3 years. Very pleased with this so far, it's lighter than the Bosch and I like the clip to keep the iron in place when moving it around. Didn't realise the water tank wasn't removable, but it is very large so that's probably better, but disappointingly Tefal don't supply a jug, hence the 4 out of 5 stars. Also need to be careful with this on a "grid" style ironing board as steam does come through and spot the underside of the garment if you're not careful. But overall it heats up pretty quickly, generates loads of steam such that you don't need to keep your finger on the steam button all the time, and it also irons delicate items well with little or no steam if necessary.
on 11 December 2013
This product has been in use for a number of months now and I've got absolutely no complaints. The steam generator is ready in a matter of minutes and ensures a plentiful supply of steam to the iron at a high pressure. The iron glides through the toughest creases with ease - what more could you want. I use it in combination with a brabantia ironing board and together, the whole ironing experience has been taken to a new level. This product allows me to glide through my garments in minutes, not having to press hard or keep going over the same spot to get a crease out - huge time saving that's probably very underestimated.
The descaler has not yet asked me to clear it out, suggesting the water I'm using is relatively soft. I fill it with water from a tap fitted with a brita filter, which may be a reason for the lack of limescale deposits.
The product was initially purchased following a Best Buy rating from Which (2nd in the Steam Iron best buy tables at time of this review).
on 7 May 2013
It's so good - lighter than my normal Tefal too. I have 100% cotton bedding which can be difficult to iron but with this it's done quickly and I just enjoy using it! I've used it to steam clothes on a hanger and that's great too. Saves messing about with fiddly tops etc. Worth it for me - I have arthritis in my hands and now they don't ache after my ironing.
on 28 June 2013
I chose this iron on recommendation of a friend. She wasn't wrong! Excellent it gets through the ironing in half the time and you don't have to wait to refill the tank. Wouldn't be without it!
on 30 September 2013
I have purchased this item for a factory, we don't do a lot of ironing but when we do its all day so can be a nightmare refilling and weight wise for those using it but I have to say there's no such problems with this iron. A full tank lasts ages and its so light I can't say a bad word against it
on 1 August 2013
Do you enjoy beautiful walks in the countryside?
Is spending time with your kids important to you?
Are there a stack of books on your shelf, just waiting to be read?

Well, stop wasting your blinkin' time doing the ironing!

Get one of these and save yourself hours of grubby misery, sweating over a hot iron. Then use the time saved to learn Danish or something.

(Seriously, though. These are ace. It's my second one - the first died through user error and neglect - and I truly wouldn't be without it. Glides perfectly, steams viciously, a perfect machine.)
on 3 November 2013
Almost five stars: very impressed with the finish - bone dry, creased shirts and linen bedlinen succumbed with ease to the super steam output; it's suprisingly quiet; and I felt increasingly comfortable about the button under the handle that has to be depressed to activate steam, which at first felt a bit awkward. But after two long'ish sessions on the same day I had to stop work as discoloured damp patches were being transferred from my (admittedly, very) old Brabantia cover and felt underlay onto the ironing. Researching this problem, it seems to be a common downside to the steam generator type of iron - the traditional covers with felt underlay become soggy with extended use because of the amount of water produced and even drip puddles onto the floor. I've thus ordered a £30 (!) new cover (Brabantia Perfect Flow) that is supposed to overcome the problem. Meanwhile the ironing pile mounts!