on 23 November 2015
Burnt out after just two years' normal use, not what you would expect at this price.
on 19 March 2014
A well-designed product that comes with an eco mode that (after measuring it) reduces electricity consumption from around 2,100 watts to perhaps 1,750 without affecting overall performance for lightly-creased clothing.

Flaws: the central dial is slightly loose and can be very easily moved to a different setting by accident. This can be pretty annoying and would have been easy to rectify with a tighter screw. Baffling that they get such obvious issues wrong in an otherwise good product.

The water reservoir is not removable as on previous models.
on 8 November 2014
Brilliant steam iron. We wish we bought one years ago.
on 4 March 2015
Life changing!!! A revaluation in ironing.
on 18 August 2013
Excellent iron.

Much better than many other steam generators that we have had, would recommend to everybody,

This iron is a must to any serious ironer.
on 25 August 2013
After two very unsuccessful purchases locally am delighted with the Tefal Express ,which takes all the effort out of the chore of ironing in the minimum of time.
on 8 January 2014
Heats up v quickly and has really powerful and pretty much continuous steam. It has more than halved the time I took to iron a pile of clothes.

Only down side is that the temperature dial is flimsy and does not have click-stops. As it is located under the handle grip it very often rotates if a finger brushes it and, without you knowing, changes the temperature, usually to a higher one as I have found. This resulted in inadvertent scorching of some items and consequent gumming up of the sole plate - needing about 10 minutes cleaning each time - until I worked out why it was doing that. I suppose I could tape it down but then I would have to re-tape each time I moved on to a different type of fabric. At the moment I find that I am checking it each time I pick it up, which is quite annoying.
on 28 June 2015
Fan bloody tastic!!!!!
on 29 August 2013
Purchased a steam generator iron based on views from close friends and family. Researched the best one to go through by reading the reviews on this site and I haven't been disappointed.

The iron is light and as the name says compact and has made light work of our piles of ironing. The way you use a steam generator iron took a bit of practice, at first I felt like I was in a sauna because I was a little over enthusiastic with the steam button! But once I got used to it the results were fantastic.

I found it really easy to use, quick to heat up and portable enough to pack neatly away - I would recommend this iron.
on 8 September 2013
When I ordered this iron, I had looked at lots of others, and read reviews. I wondered if it being smaller. Would make it less good than the others. I first ordered a Philips, because I had a Philips normal one in the past which was a very good iron. This iron was out of stock, I waited for it to come in, then I noticed they had put the price down, so that I might be paying more when it did come, I looked again. I decided to reorder and chose the Tefal Compact. I am very glad I did it is a brilliant iron not really small at all but a very good performer. Chose this you won't be sorry.