on 24 May 2017
Didn't find this book to my liking,too fiddly.
on 18 May 2017
Handy Book
20 assorted flowers, from the obvious rose, cherry blossom and daisy to the unexpected grape hyacinth, cactus and arum lily. Small projects but some are a bit fiddly and you need to be a competent knitter to undertake them!
on 6 April 2017
arrived quickly, lovely designs.
on 31 July 2014
The knitted flowers are easy and quick to make for embellishing clothes and bags etc.
on 21 April 2015
Very pleased with this book.
on 17 June 2017
All good
on 15 January 2011
Lovely book Flowers actually come out better than pictures, BUT there are a LOT of printing errors in the instructions. I found at least 3 in the short while I was reading for example water lily K3 cast on 6 (8sts) should be 9, on the daffodil you are asked to find a button 8 1/4" inches round ??? and the sweet william round 4 increasing should read 40 sts not 50. As I haven't read the rest in detail there may be more mistakes, but the ones I have knitted up have come out well, with the adjustments.
11 Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I don't think this is a book for a beginner as some of the techniques are quite difficult e.g. knitting into every stitch can be a tricky one. Yes, it sounds easy, but when you've increased from 5 to 10, then 10 to 20, 20 to 40, it can be a bit of a struggle if you're not used to doing this sort of thing. Using a chunky yarn on a relatively fine needle (UK size 10) could also prove frustrating. Some of the instructions are incorrect, which again for a novice could be confusing. Fortunately I'm an experienced knitter, but some of the instructions had me laughing out loud....take the Poppy for instance...the materials list includes a "round button, 220mm (8 + 5/8")" I have never even seen a button measuring 8 + 5/8", and given the finished poppy apparently measures 4 + 3/4", wouldn't this be a tad large? Even 22mm is 7/8", so I reckon a novice would be completely confused by this. This is not the only error I've come across, so I think the proof reader (if one was employed at all) must either have been asleep, or not a knitter.

Some of the finished flowers are quite a bit a larger than I would want, even using the recommended yarn and needles.

Having said all that it is quite a useful little book, certainly for the price, but I doubt if I'll use it that often, and will probably look for something better.
on 3 December 2009
I have several books on knitted flowers and added this one to my collection because of its very low price and on that basis I wasn't disappointed. It does have some nice ideas and clear instructions. However, if I was going to buy just one book on this subject, it would have to be the Lesley Stanfield 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet (which is a must-have).