on 11 February 2013
This book is a pleasant romp through some of the unpublished letters sent to The Daily Telegraph. Great fun! A nicely turned-out book, too.
on 2 June 2013
Again, as for "I rest my case......", the contents is superbly dry and occasionally hysterically funny. It serves to confirm my long held belief that, for so long as the population of this country can pen such wit and humour, our politicians stand no chance, whatsoever, of correcting the generally held view that they are dilettentes in an profession which, above all, demands thought, the occasional look ahead and speed of implementation - preferrably in that order!
on 18 January 2014
Originally I was going to buy a set of three of these books(one comes out every year), but it wasn't available so I ended up with just this. I'm glad I only got the current one (which I enjoyed very much), because I don't think editions from previous years would seem so funny ....... I could be wrong. As well as making me smile a lot, I also found myself nodding in agreement with the confused and despairing correspondents.
on 16 April 2013
Although I have had letters published in the Daily Telegraph; to read some of those they dare not or will not print (often in the best interests of the writer) is an annual entertainment and pleasure not to be missed. This selection, as usual, reflects the true thoughts of real people across the whole philosophical spectrum. May this series long continue.

Ian Gravestock,
Yarm, North Yorkshire
on 21 November 2012
This is such a wonderful book - a brilliant Christmas present for almost anyone. Funny, warm and a lovely reminder of the past year's news.
on 28 March 2013
I always enjoy the Telegraph letters page and this is an enjoyable little book. Great just to pick up and put down for a couple of minutes. Some amusing takes on topical subjects but four stars only because it is so short. Daily Telegraph must get many more letters than this, but maybe they're unprintable/libelous in any sort of format.
on 15 January 2016
The usual dry and witty, rib tickling selection of letters. So reassuring that despite all the ups and downs in the world there remain the Telegraph readers with their remarkable insight and common sense. More power to their quill pens and their keyboards,

Peter Fleming, Waikanae, New Zealand
on 17 April 2013
I found this mildly amusing, but less so than I'd hoped. I think it was probably a mistake to split it up by topic, because it tends to emphasise how similar many of the letters are. Perhaps the Kindle version should be provided with a 'Shuffle' button, to provide a random selection.
on 24 February 2013
Have bought every publication of this book. The letters are very funny, some slightly naughty, hence perhaps the reason for being 'unpublished'! Have given this book as presents to various friends and they have all loved it.
on 13 June 2016
At first these books were funny. But over time one gets the impression that those letters are written only with one intention, namely to make it into the next book. This is no longer funny, just silly, repetitive and annoying.