on 9 June 2014
Ok, so I read a load of the reviews and none of them really answered my questions:

Q1: Is this better than a traditional mop.
Answer: Yes but, more importantly, it is sure a hell of a lot easier!!! I am not going to say that your floors are as clean as the day they were installed but they are cleaner than with the mop and you really feel it under your feet.

Q2: Does this solve all of your floor cleaning problems:
Answer: NO! But it is worth every penny!

Now for the detail:
So many people wrote about it killing 99% of the bacteria. Really? That is what you are after? I suggest you pour bleach on the floors instead because I can assure you this isn't about to kill 99% of the bacteria on a typical floor. It amazes me that people are so focused on killing bacteria. Anyhow, moving on....

I was really hesitant to spend the money on this not knowing if it was going to make a real difference. In all truth I am not certain that it is MASSIVELY better than a traditional mop - although it is definitely better - but I can tell you this: It is a LOT LOT LOT easier to use and you can do a lot more rooms in half the time and the floors are brilliantly clean.

My entire downstairs is laminate, so there is a lot of cleaning to do. The mop and bucket was a real tedium and, as a result, wasn't done as often as I would want. But this thing is so easy to use and so quick to heat up that you literally pull it out after a spill or splash. Honestly, you use it far more than you ever anticipated and that is the key.

It is reasonably compact and fits in the under stairs cupboard without too much hassle. The cord isn't quite as long as I would like but it is good enough for one room at a time. The steam comes out in about 30 seconds so there isn't much of a wait.

Some people have said that the water reservoir sticks: It really isn't that bad. Certainly not worth deducting a star. Maybe not great if you have arthritis but other than that it works just fine. The key is to lift it rather than pull it.

To the person who commented that they were really disappointed that they had to vacuum first before using this... erm.... I can confirm that you have to vacuum first (but I thought that was obvious).

As for the streaks: if you have very high gloss tiles I suspect you will see streaks (but I am pretty sure you will get streaks with most floor cleaners) I don't envy your dilemma. For those of you who do not have high gloss floors, this is a dream come true. It is sooo much faster than a mop and because it is steam it dries within a few minutes. Literally. And the floor is definitely cleaner than with a mop (you can really feel the difference if you walk bare foot on the floor afterwards).

In summary: Really good product which is much better than a mop. Best bit is that it makes cleaning the floors so much faster and easier. I can unreservedly recommend this unless you have very high gloss tiles.
on 14 November 2015
After 10 months it packed in, after not having heavy use, was replaced under guarantee, and that one packed in after 10 months, after numeric phone call I am told it is no longer under guarantee, although being under a year old! Do not buy hoover. rubbish customer service.
on 20 August 2017
I bought this in December of last year. It was not cheap but when it broke down an June I got in touch with the seller who curtly informed me that it was out of warranty. I had to spend aot £20 some for another make. I was under the impression that there was a years warranty on new equipment.
on 14 March 2017
Bought as a replacement for another that had dies, this was cheap and extremely effective - used primarily on tiled floors in the kitchen and very lightly on stripped/lacquered wood floors.
If it starts putting out less steam then try replacing the filter.
on 25 February 2014
Purchased this item about 2 weeks ago.
Cleans a large kitchen floor in minutes, dries in minutes.
Refreshes carpets and lifts the pile. Good to use
on the carpet inbetween shampoos using a dedicated
carpet shampooer.

It moves easily along the floor.

I bought a £30 steam mop from A*** in August which
I was pleased with but this one is so much better -
more powerful steam emission and leaves the floor
cleaner.

Exceptionally long power cord.
on 7 March 2017
Sadly didn't work. Returned
However does look a good product on videos I've seen.
on 11 May 2017
It has been very reliable and is more effective than a conventional mop; it has a long cable and is easy to use.
on 6 April 2014
This is the best steam cleaner I have brought. It is easy to use, very very powerful and cleans floors like a dream. Worth every penny.
on 30 May 2014
A must for all women...its ease of use is fantastic and it takes
the chore out of floor cleaning...love it!!
on 31 August 2017
Do not buy this product, Broke down after very little use
Customer service is horrendous
Will never buy a hoover product again