on 1 October 2017
It was not a bad read. There was too much padding like too many pages describing him drinking 6 shots of undisclosed alcohol in a dodgy joint. The worst thing is that on various occasions the hero finds a laptop and boots it without need of a password. Also, the plane was falling apart and bodies sucked out at 30000 feet. No mention of any oxigen mask needed. Some of the computer coding details were not making sense either. So this lack of attention to detail was a disappointment. Other than that still enjoyed reading it.
VINE VOICEon 13 August 2016
The storytelling is excellent, but there were times where I felt that Mr Jones was trying too hard. To hard to be novelish. To use the correct word or phrase.

This is the 2nd book in the series, but it didn't reference the first one at all. This one takes place in the US, as did the 1st one. Same characters, bar one, but no link in the story at all. This disappointed me.

Finally, I read this on my Kindle app. Someone did not do a good job proof reading it. Wrong words, missing words; sentences making no sense. Obviously not the author's fault but it spoiled the story in several sections.

So, a good story, spoiled by sub-par checking.
on 28 May 2013
Simple. Baddies take over Shepherd One, the Pope's plane, and only one man can stop them.

It's Air Force One meets Die Hard. What's not to like?

This is a ludicrous, rip-roaring action packed romp that was a pleasure to read from the very start. I can't wait to read more about the Vatican Knights.

Bravo, Rick Jones!
One person found this helpful
on 31 May 2014
I would recommend reading the series rather than starting with this one. If I had to find a fault it would be that the main characters background is given in every book, but then, if you've not read the first one at least you get brought up to date. The premis and people are very good. Really enjoyed the book... So I bought the series.. Still finishing them, one book to go, and I only started reading them about a month ago!
on 2 April 2014
I enjoyed the tale immensely and bought several other books in the series. The characters are believable and well thought out. The book kept my interest from beginning to end and I then looked to see if I had another ready to read in the same series.I have bought more of this writer's work as it appeals to my reading interest.
on 5 June 2017
Storylines and imagination is excellent. Looking to the next addition to follow the exploits of the Vatican Knights. Good ready.
on 15 April 2013
Be prepared, once you start this book you won't be able to put it down! Good plot, nice twists and turns and a great read. This series keeps getting better - I am about to embark on book 3 and I can't wait.
Many thanks Rick Jones! PS hurry up and write another one!!
3 people found this helpful
on 23 August 2015
Read this book after the first one in the series. A good pacy read, a bit far fetched but eh! It a work of fiction and good mind time. Well put together Mr Jones. Looking forward to the next one in the Hayden Kimbell series
on 18 November 2013
Truly A great read! The Vatican Knights novels are action packed and very well written, the plots are believable as are the characters. The description of the inner workings of the Catholic Church and Vatican City, make fascinating reading and only add to the adventure! A cracking read yet again from Rick Jones 10/10
on 8 December 2016
only read the first two so far but they have been totally enjoyable good action and high tension. fabulous read