on 8 December 2017
We have high like scale levels in our area and the tea had a strange metallic taste to it. We bought this kettle and the difference was amazing we have never looked back. Once you put the water in the top it only takes a minute to filter through. Being disabled I found it slightly heavy to full with the filter inside so I leave it on the bench and use a small jug to fill it but it is well worth it and I would highly reccomend the kettle. It is also very pleasing to look at.
on 22 December 2015
So far so good with this kettle, having tried all the others that have a breville water filter built in, and having all the others break within 6 months and just domestic use!

Update 11-12-2017, so 3 months over the 2 year warranty and the original kettle decides its not going to switch itself off once boiling, first noticed when I entered a steam filled kitchen!! So, what do do? Buy another I guess but you do wonder if these manufacturers know the life of their products!! Based on this I have had to reduce my original star rating to 3 stars
on 10 October 2017
Good replacement for old Morphy Richards Brita filter kettle changed because of new kitchen
This kettle is metal cased unlike my previous white plastic kettle and appears heavier also a little more difficult to see the fill line of the water level although better when switched on and lit with a blue light
on 14 July 2014
A good replacement kettle that seems (at the moment, anyway) well built.
That said, for anyone that isn't as strong as they used to be, when full, this kettle is heavy; whether that's to do with the filter inside, I don't know, but compared to my old one (which held more water, and no filter and made of stainless steel), it's heavy.
Also, the filter seems to require changing frequently, which may prove expensive in the long run!
on 24 February 2016
Very leased with the product and the modern design goes well in any kitchen. The kettle is quite heavy so that's something to consider. The water filters are easy to slot into the kettle and you can remove the filter if you just can't be bothered! It's easy to see how much water is remaining in the chamber too.
on 9 September 2016
Very nice filter kettle, looks good, easy to use, nice fresh cuppa tea!
on 13 November 2013
My wife bought this kettle so this "Review" is typed by her.

Love it, boils quickly, love the blue light panel and yes, it is heavy as some people have commented, but good exercise for batwings. Only complaint is that the Brita filters seem to run out very quickly and they cost £16 for a box of three. You could always leave them out of course but it defeats the object of having filtered water. Nice looking kettle and worth the money. Would recommend.
on 3 July 2014
This was bought as a replacement for a Brita filter kettle which is no longer on the market. The Morphy Richards filter jug/kettle is much better looking than the Brita model and works extremely well.

I have only two criticisms:

1 the reservoir for unfiltered water is too small. If you need six cups of hot water you need to top up the reservoir at least three times.
2 the outside of the kettle gets very hot, probably exaggerated by the fact that it is stainless steel - beware!

Overall though I find this to be an excellent product.
on 5 August 2014
Very pleased with my new kettle. It's a little noisy but you get used to it. I live in a very hard water area which coats appliances with lime scale so hopefully the filter will cut down on this. Not sure how long before I need to replace the filter, which may prove costly in time, but then I knew this before I purchased. So far I'm very pleased with my new purchase. It's also a nice shape and looks good.
on 14 February 2014
I already had a BRITA Maxtra Technology Filter in my last kettle and it makes such a difference to the taste and also really does stop the lime scale and i live in a very hard water area. I only bought a new kettle, because i changed the colour of my small kitchen appliances. This kettle is brilliant, fairly quiet, boils very quickly and you don't have to wait for the water to filter all the way through before you turn it on and it looks good too. I would highly recommend this kettle.