Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 28 April 2013
This is not the sort of thing I would normally read as it leans towards Science Fiction.

That said, I love the mystery of Chernobyl, a truly terrifying man made no go area.

I read this book in just over a day. I found I wanted to know what happened to the people in the book and wanted to know what was happening - so I found it quite hard to put down. I could see this being made into a film.

The 4 stars are because I didn't really like the ending as it seemed rushed. It was hard to decide whether to give the book 5 stars as I only paid 99p for it but I have chosen to write this from the view of full price as other people might be making decisions from reviews that mean them paying full price.

Mike Kraus is definitely on my "Lookout to read" list.
on 10 April 2014
This was a very good scary book! not what I expected at all! It narrates the story of 2 inquisitive young men who want to have a nosey around a forbidden zone and 2 hardened special services soldiers sent in on a mission to investigate some strange reported events. The story switches between the two groups until tragedy strikes. The suspence keeps going right to the last page-very good-not telling you any more ,read it and find out for yourself!
on 11 January 2014
Once into the book gets quite gripping and makes you want to keep reading reall enjoyed it, love the Chernobyl stuff proper intetests me
on 21 October 2013
Short but impressed from the beginning. Who in their right mind would be organising trips to Chernobyl years after a nuclear explosion and who would want to visit the area, not me. Two teenage boys decide to visit the area as they have heard so much about it over the years and want to see for themselves. Two special op soldiers are given a mission to explore the area for what .... read the book!
on 5 September 2013
A very young adult read. Scary, believable - we've all wondered what kind of horrors might be lurking in the unknown world of post Atomic reactor melt-downs - here's one to keep the kids off the place after dark!
on 19 March 2014
always had a fascination with Chernobyl and got this on a whim as it was only 70pence.

glad I did it's a engrossing read and my only gripe would be that I would of liked it to of been longer.

Very good book
on 6 May 2015
It had potential, it had likeable characters but ultimately, the beast was not particularly believable and it seemed pretty pointless. It was not cerebral enough, too matrixy shoot em up and without the science to intrigue and then make you believe. Left feeling a bit flat and dissapointed.
on 20 July 2013
Bought this as Kindle recommendation....so glad I did.
I liked the way it was wriiten, the writing technique used to bring the main characters together and the suspense building throughout the story line.
I asked the same question as the main character though, how had the beast managed to appear in Chernobyl? The final epilogue entry left me hoping there would be a sequel.
on 27 July 2013
Having visited Pripyat on my last trip to Kiev - it's eerie how this excellent story makes this 'unique' place even more creepy than it actually is! eeeek!
on 6 July 2013
There might be a good story in here but it's struggling to fight its way out of the terrible writing. This author has no ability to write a well constructed sentence. The book is littered with appalling grammatical errors and clunky awkward phrasing which make it almost unreadable.