Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.18

on 23 April 2013
enjoyed this book immensely.Would recommend it highly as it is so believable and factual.If there were 10 stars I would give it 10!
on 12 February 2014
Best page turner I've read since my first Tom Clancy - Red storm rising - looking forward to number 2.
on 24 August 2013
The premise of a massive EMP burst is a good one. The stories of characters struggling in their own worlds where technology and society breaks down is also good. However, the biggest glaring error that jumps out at me is the impossible idea of a grand Islamic military alliance with all the Arab nations and Iran in it. To be fair to the author, he is not the only author of fiction to write a contemporary or near future war thriller to make this mistake. The Shia v Sunni issue just seems insurmountable to me.

The kind of prose in some places seems over simple and "clunky" though and the right wing US bias preaching becomes rather tedious. I shall always be grateful that I don't live in a society where I can buy an assault carbine alongside a pint of milk.
on 6 February 2013
What a fantastic entertaining read! I'm no critic, or editor but, I could not put this down, James, you write frighteningly believably! Your depth of knowledge shines throughout.
Please write more, because I'll keep an eye out for more!
P.s. what happens next? I'd love to read a sequel...
on 24 August 2013
An interesting and plausible future scenario described here, from the point view of a number of individuals involved, none of whom are in a position of (much) power, so you are in the dark as to the big picture - but this is no doubt the intention, you see events as the individuals do, so you feel more involved. Well written, and not predictable by any means. My main gripe is the demonization of the Muslim world as a whole that seems to come through - take this side with a pinch of salt, and the book's ok.
on 23 August 2013
The plot was really good but the writing was poor. Too many x did this and the next sentence x said that then X did this. The author needed a good thesaurus as all too often the same adjective was used only a few words after its first usage. Suddenly "grown up" writing was used in the description of technical matters.
A good idea that perhaps wanted a couple of rewrites before it was let loose on the public, but there again it was a cheap read.
on 16 February 2013
A really good story that had me sitting up late just so I could finish it. A good enjoyable read that opened well and continued with pace all the way through! Mind you the question of 'What If?' sits with you at the end?

I hope the author continues his efforts and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any future titles!
on 30 June 2013
Makes one aware of what is possible in a future of rogue states with major nuclear weapons. The current situation with North Korea and Iran need watching closely if not auctioned on now before it's too late. Good story that is feasible?
on 23 February 2013
I enjoyed this fast paced story. Its is well writen and keeps you interested from page one till the end. Its a story of a atomic pulse and the resulting war. And at less than one pound a bargain.
on 7 June 2013
Well constructed, good pace, beleivable with lots of little stories woven into the plot. I won
't ever put the plot into any of my reviews, you can get that from the book description