Customer reviews

Train A Comin'
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 24 December 2015
A stripped down acoustic session(NOT UNPLUGGED) from SE and a group of outstanding musicians.
The album contains songs written by Steve early in his career,some penned on the road earning his dollars.
A smattering of covers also from Beatles to Van Sandt.An exceptional album that sits nicely as a companion oiece to another outstanding collaborative album THE MOUNTAIN(feat The Del McCoury Band).I own both of these albums on vinyl,and this is the way they should be heard.
Train A Comin has no dud tracks,so if you are used to the bigger sounding Earle(El Corazon,Copperhead Road etc),then cast aside your senses and give this album a spin.Believe you me it will grow and grow on you.
An ESSENTIAL purchase.
on 15 December 2015
This CD was an unexpected surprise. I have always enjoyed Steve Earle's but the acoustic arrangements and generally raw sound were a pleasant surprise. Some interesting material and the addition of Emmylou Harris on some tracks added to the overall enjoyment. As much as I enjoy his electric, rocking country albums I would be delighted if he recorded more in this vein as well.
on 30 October 2017
Excellent.
on 3 February 2017
All ok
on 13 March 2012
Steve Earle is one of my recent discoveries and listening to his albums makes me feel sorry I for not paying him attention earlier. This album is a highly enjoyable listeing experience and since hearing this I added several of mr. Earle's CD's to my collection.
on 11 May 2015
Mr Earle understands what it is to produce a proper vinyl experience
on 8 September 2015
Fantastic!
on 2 November 2015
You betcha!
on 26 March 2017
brilliant album. one of his best.
on 22 June 2013
really enjoyable cd I have to admit that I have been a fan of his music for years and love his live shows
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse