Customer reviews

Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 5 April 2014
Asked by Amazon if this volume met my expectations,I have to say 'what expectations' ?
With Mardock,you can have no expectations as it's totally unpredictable.
This episode is markedly different from ep.1 which was about revenge in the stalk and eliminate sense.
This one however was still about revenge but much less an outward battle.
A subtle undermining is the theme here with the targetting of wealth rather than a full on confrontation.
So,the first episode set in motion the characters and their motivation,the second,another way of defeating an opponent.
Ep.2 had it's moments though,just different ones,not so action packed as the first,apart from the first few minutes.
What I did appreciate with this DVD was the case inlay.It had a terrific portait of Balot,sort of 'dressed to kill'.
The original DVD case inlay was blank.....,shock horror !
Am I looking forward to the final episode 3 ?
Um....,it will be nice to see the conclusion but as to method.....,who can tell ?!
on 2 April 2014
I started watching this and my first thoughts were - Yawn - Scratch, scratch. Huh? and WTF is this $%$%$££!! - I don't understand! Why are my eyes bleeding!?

And this is why I don't write reviews of any Anime until I have watched it at least twice!

But I have completed the second cycle now and it's OK. Not quite what I expected but shows definite promise, the issue being that the third episode isn't out yet (on Blu-ray anyway). And that brings me around to the next itchy annoyance. Each disc is one episode which is meh at best considering the whole lot should fit on one Blu-ray.

The story itself is pretty standard fair with some smart visuals to back it up. It's much better watched with subtitles though. But here are a lot of subtle nuances that are hidden in the story which make this not a dip and watch title. It requires your attention to get the best from it. Give it a whirl if you are patient enough to devote time to your anime. (Same text for both discs)
on 4 February 2014
Got this long awaited continuation of the first combustion, which was a cliffhanger :)

Definitely as good if not better than the first one.
on 30 September 2015
this is excellent
on 13 June 2013
This is anime at its finest. In my opinion the only animation that tops Mardock Scramble for sheer quality and amazing imagery is Ghost in the Shell. You really ought to read the novel and the manga too.
on 26 September 2013
The description of the product was exactly as listed. Really good quality and was delivered really fast as well, product arrived with in 2-3 days. Ive had no issues with this purchase and i am very pleased with it.
on 2 July 2013
An excellent continuation of the saga, fantastic artwork, brilliant story and haunting soundtrack. And recurring egg themed names. Definately worth a watch.
on 21 March 2013
I've been looking forward to this release since the last film left on a cliff-hanger, and it doesn't disappoint! Picking straight back up from the cliffhanger ending of the First Compression; the action keeps on coming throughout the Second Combustion, as the story fleshes out with more and more suspense. The animation is incredible, and I'm glad I got the blu-ray version. I only wish there was more. Can't wait until the release of the 3rd film now!
on 29 September 2014
must see it
on 23 February 2013
Haven't received my copy yet but if its as good as the first then it sould be exciting as well end some of those cliffhangers.