on 25 October 2014
Very useful publication - I used to have it in book form but lent it out and can't remember to whom - they obvously liked it too. I ordred this Kindle edition as I still like to browse the contents. I am an admirer of Dr Paul Lam having attended some of his workshops and find his approach ti Tai Chi and clear teaching methods most helpful. I do recommend this to Tai Chi players of any standard.
on 9 August 2014
I love Paul Lam's books and dvds. They are well written/performed and I think they are a safe and enjoyable way to begin tai chi. All the moves are shown from different angles and even a slow coach like me has been able to learn them. It's also a joy to watch Paul Lam in action, he is very inspirational.
on 5 May 2014
I recently started Tai Chi classes and think this book an excellent introduction. Not only does it explain the movements in easy to follow style, the diagrams enable you to check you are doing the moves correctly.
on 31 August 2017
This is excellent, better if used alongside the DVD. I've taught myself up to the 24 forms over the period of a year using both, I have found the book very clear and should have bought it first and then the DVD to check all was working as it should be.
on 29 May 2015
I've just started Tai Chi and this book was recommended. I did fine in class but having a go at home meant that I was unsure if I was actually following the verbal instructions but now I have a book to refresh my memory.
on 26 November 2014
still reading but a dvd or lessons is really required
on 12 September 2014
I like Paul Lam, his method of teaching is very simple. I have his dvd and this is the book that supports it. To get this book free for the kindle is a bonus !
on 5 November 2015
Easy to follow, explained in simple terms. Helpful tips for beginners.
on 5 December 2014
Just what I needed to help with my arthritis.
on 4 March 2016
An excellent book by this author.