1,188
Denomination: 50|Design Name: Plaid Globe|Change
Price:£40.00 - £500.00

on 24 January 2015
Other reviewers seem to have issues but I can only speak for myself in saying how efficiently this worked. The gift tin my voucher came in was good quality and looked very nice. It was a simple process to follow the instructions, to credit my Amazon account with the £50. I then shopped as normal and could decide at the point of paying, whether to go ahead and use this credit, or to uncheck the option box if I'd have preferred to use at a later date. There's no rush to use the gift voucher, as it didn't expire for about 10 years! I can't remember the exact time limit but am sure it was about that long. I put items from various sellers into my basket and my credit just came off the total. I think this was a fab Xmas present. I still had a gift to open Xmas day and had so many choices on Amazon, to treat myself to something I really wanted. I definitely recommend as a lovely looking and thoughtful gift.
on 14 October 2013
Always welcome by people of all ages, however there's no way of adding a message with it when having it posted direct to your loved ones or even saying who it's from. If you want to send it with a message you'll have to have it delivered home then have the added cost and time posting it on. Surely in the age of global warming it is kind to the planet if we can add a message, free of charge, via computer so that you can do the gift thing properly.
44 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 December 2013
If you think that finding car parking, paying dearly for it, tramping the High Street, locating and purchasing an item, returning to your home to wrap it, is an obligatory and necessary aspect of giving at Christmas, then this is not for you.

Your gift voucher arrives at your home in only a day or so, in an attractively wrapped box which just needs a tag attaching, and that's all.....other than a dent in your bank balance! Personally I would think that the gift receiver doesn't feel in the slightest done-down because the buying experience was pleasant and you didn't have to bust a gut to buy it.
VINE VOICEon 18 December 2012
The family were looking for a suitable 'thank you' Christmas gift for my wife's carer. A 'gift card in a box' seemed an excellent choice and earned me a great big hug and a kiss!

Several reviewers have commented adversely on the minimum amount of Amazon voucher but, in this case, it wasn't an issue. They offer a range of gift/greeting cards of various denominations from £10.00 upwards (or from £0.01 for email/print it yourself !) - see, for example, Amazon.co.uk Paper Gift Card.

My only minor criticism of the 'gift card in a box' is that (perhaps I didn't fill in the order properly) there apparently wasn't a prominent 'Don't open until Christmas' label on the parcel.

Probably me...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 20th December 2012

Sylvia had no problem in using the gift card to place an order for a nest of tables. I watched her place the order and, unlike another reviewer's experience, the card number was immediately accepted without the slightest hassle.

Forget money, Amazon Gift cards REALLY work!
on 4 February 2016
I hate giving vouchers as gifts. I find it the least personal of gifts, and the gift of last resort only to be used when you have racked your brain and can't come up with ANYTHING else.

However, if you are going to give a voucher you might as well give one to spend at Amazon. EVERYONE will find something they want at Amazon. And if they can't you don't have to worry that the voucher will expire in a month or two. It's valid for years.

Not to mention they come packaged in an attractive tin, at no extra cost.

Not to mention they come packaged in an attractive tin, at no extra cost.
on 22 November 2013
Great idea when you hit that brick wall what to get someone. The box adds the finishing touch. So good I got two.
on 31 December 2013
I got this gift card to go with a Kindle e-reader as a Xmas present to my mother in law so she can choose any books she wants to read on it. Good idea, except you cannot pay for Kindle books with this card!!!

The same book in hard cover - no problem, "Kindle edition" - enter your credit card details please.

EDIT: Please note that this was written in December 2013. The terms and conditions might have changed since then. We tried purchasing four different titles from Kindle store and none of them was eligible. Ended up buying paper copies of two books using the same gift card. I did not contact Amazon and the card balance was eventually spent on things other than Kindle e-books.
77 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2016
It's always a problem knowing what to buy children/youths these days and as much as I hate giving 'just' money or vouchers it's often all you dare do if you are not in touch with them all the time and have any idea of what they might like. I love that these cards come in a little gift box/tin so that you can still wrap it up and make it just that bit more than 'just money'. I know they love choosing something for themselves too!
This present effect box had a nice feel to it.

I buy these quite regularly for gifts and I think the tins & Boxes are just great. Quite often, I'll feel awkward just giving money, but these make it a lot less cold and more special for the recipient.

Came nice and quick and very happy.
on 1 April 2016
Brilliant gift for the holidays. I was planning on buying a gift card anyway, the tin is an added bonus and thanks to prime it didn't take long to arrive. It's very well made and looks the part, I didn't have any difficulty opening it either. I would have preferred if the bottom was solid metal without the clear, plastic strip.