on 18 January 2017
I just bought myself a lovely, slim, Surface Pro, along with a nice carrying case and a slim mouse. I felt very swanky until I had to put a conventional mains plug in the bag, which ruined all my swank in one lumpen move.

Then I discovered this little beauty and elegance was restored to the world. I have no unsightly bulges, apart from my fat gut hanging over my trousers, but we're working on that, honest.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 March 2017
I bought this 3.5 years ago, and I am still using it and very happy with it. I travel a lot with my work, and my laptop is an essential part of my kit.
The size of regular UK 3-pin plugs was annoying inside my computer bag - and the fact that the pins protrude sideways also make them an awkward shape to pack, and the pins can damage other items.
I forget where I first heard about these plugs - on TV or in a technical magazine - but as soon as I saw them I searched online to find where I could buy one.
I bought one with a 2.0m cable (this one) and also one with a 1.2m cable from a different seller (ThinPlug) For me the 2.0m cable is just about long enough in most cases, although if there was a 2.5m offering I would snap it up. I visit many different companies' work-sites and I do not always have space for my laptop immediately next to a power socket. the 2.0m cable is mostly, but not always, long enough.
On average I am away from home 2-3 weeks every month and this cable is used every day.

Once the "earth"-pin is folded away the plug is only slightly larger than a European style 2-pin plug. I have added a Velcro cable tie to the cable and the whole thing packs away neatly into a small canvas pouch together with other assorted power cables, USB cables etc.

It is great that this is BS-1363 compliant. The supervising electrical maintenance engineers of the companies that I visit have to approve any electrical devices that I might need to plug into their power-sockets and use on their site - I have never had a problem with this plug..

When I go to plug this in, I basically hold it between finger and thumb - with my thumb on top, and pushing slightly forward and down on the rear-end of the red earth-pin. This stops the earth-pin folding up as you try to push it into a socket.

My original laptop power-adaptor was something of a brick, and used a clover-leaf connection. So when I saw this item, I also bought a replacement slim-line power-supply from Kensington, that also had a figure-8 connection to match this lead and avoid use of an adaptor from figure 8 to clover-leaf.

I also bought the Thin-Plug USB charger "ThinCharger".ThinCharger 2100ma
on 24 May 2016
Review amended: Brilliant idea and good design, but after my original review it broke - so survived around 4-5 months with "light-medium" use (i.e. mostly plugged in one location, occasionally moved once/twice a week). Unfortunately, not robust enough IMO.

Original Review:

Brilliant! Great design allowing UK plugs to be easily stored in compact bags/luggage etc.

Held off on the review as wanted to see how this held-up under use, repeated unplugging/plugging in etc. but it's still in immaculate condition with no signs of wear after a few months of continuous use as a replacement/extension for my Surface Pro 3 charger.
on 5 March 2017
Perfect for laptop don't have to carry the cumbersome normal uk 3 pin plug in separate bag!
Great idea and ideal for any portable electronic kit that is double insulated and does not require earth.
on 16 April 2017
I wanted a cable for my Surface Pro 4 that was able to sit inside a slim case and this really does the trick. Very robust and found no difficulties in plugging it in. Ideally I would of preferred a stubby cable of 15cm since it plugs into the power brick that has 1.5m of cable attached.
on 18 April 2017
Very good product!! Design is great and length of cable is generous (around 1.5m). Recommended
on 9 April 2017
as expected and on time
on 15 January 2016
Great idea, but the red earth pin snapped off after a couple of uses rendering it useful. No way to glue back on due the the way the plastic sheared into two pieces. . Shame.
review image
on 11 November 2013
Not sure why they call this Lindy as it is actually a thinplug (google for more tech info). Anyway it is great and provides an ideal solution to a vexing problem. British plugs are wonderfully robust but they were not conceived for a world of portable appliances and this overcomes that drawback.

I could only see this with a figure of 8 end and I actually needed cloverleaf. But you can also get on Amazon a Maplin figure 8 to cloverleaf adaptor which works fine. It also appears the plug can be unscrewed i.e. it is not welded so you could probably wire your own cable if you wanted, though I have not taken mine apart.
on 22 July 2013
I really love these folding plugs, it stops me scratching anything when I am on the move with a laptop or other equipment. It is also easier to pack these cables away. It is also lighter than most cables with a plug. Highly recommended, I bought several.

See one answered question