on 26 December 2012
Play with the change of seasons! With The Sims 3 Seasons Expansion Pack, you can let your Sims swim in the ocean on a hot summer day, bob for apples in the autumn leaves, test their snowboarding skill on the half pipe or welcome spring showers with a walk in the rain and a colorful umbrella. All-new activities, like football, big seasonal festivals and celebrations bring the spirit of each season to life. Your Sims can pucker up at the kissing booth at the spring festival or see what Halloween surprises await in the haunted house. Dress for the weather with seasonal fashions ranging from raincoats to snow gear. With new foods, decor and weather effects, your Sims can enjoy the bounty and beauty of the ever-changing seasons and play with life like never before!
on 8 April 2014
Sims themselves are incredibly pressed for time considering it takes half an hour to get up stairs, 1 hour to take a bath, another hour to climb into bed, etc etc. Having enough time to enjoy the festivities as well as making sure your sims get to and from work in time before they starve can be quite taxing unless you have one of the 2 LTW items to have your sims not worry about finding the nearest toilet, shower, or having not enough time to do their homework or home projects. You do however get to enjoy using seasonal furnishings from the Sims 3 store and throw lots of parties.

Watch out for massive lag spikes on rainy and snowy days if your processors aren't up to date, and even if your machine is one of the top notch versions there's still chances of lag because after all it's written by EA.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 January 2013
This is a fun expansion to the popular Sims game. As the name suggests, it introduces seasons and weather. Players can control the length of seasons and disable certain types of weather in the options menu, much as you can control Sim lifespans. Each season has its own celebration day and there are new options for parties. The central park is replaced by the 'festival grounds' where Sims can engage in different seasonal activities, and can win 'festival tickets' that can be exchanged for special items. The game also introduces aliens, who randomly come to visit. You can interact with them as with normal Sims, and can marry them/move them in/have babies with them. They have a new range of interactions and come with their own space car that can be used to invade lots, abduct other Sims or visit space. For players who enjoy supernatural elements of the game this will probably be a welcome addition.

I enjoyed a lot of aspects of Seasons, there's plenty here to reinvigorate the game for players who are a getting a bit bored. There are also a lot of new achievements, many of which are relatively easy to achieve, which will please those who enjoy working towards these. However there are some negative aspects of the new features that players might want to consider before installing. Firstly the number of public holidays can greatly extend the length of time it takes for Sims to climb the career ladder. This might be particularly frustrating for players trying to achieve some of the tougher achievements or lifetime wishes that require Sims to reach the top of their career. This might also be a seen as a benefit for those who would rather their Sim was at home to work on skills, throw parties etc. Secondly, plants become 'dormant' for a large part of the year, meaning gardeners can't harvest plants and therefore can't earn a living or develop their gardens. Ponds freeze over in winter which may be an issue of Sims keen on fishing. Thirdly it is possible for Sims to die from cold or heat exposure, or to be struck by lightning, which makes outdoor activities a rather risky proposition and have the potential to spoil things for players who enjoy their Sims doing any kind of outdoor activity.

So overall this is a fun addition to the Sims collection but it's worth bearing in mind the points above.
on 29 December 2012
i was really, really looking forwards to this expansion and it was totally worth the wait. it's one of the most fun expansions i have. yes, it might not be bring so much into the game as in story line etc, but the existence of the seasons and weather itself brings the sims world truly alive. if it's sunburns, snowstorms or the yearly flu shot, it just makes this virtual reality so much more fun to be in. and this is what we all want from the sims, right? a world within a world, but this time we are the almighty ones. must have for sims fans!
on 3 May 2013
Not as good as I thought but I still love it!! Least it's not the same weather anymore and I can have snow, heavy rain. Plus, I think it's pretty cool how they can jump in puddles...so clever too
on 29 December 2012
Although I am 22 I am a huge fan of sims3 and have always dreamed and wished for weather... luckily its happened. I like how there is now outside outfits for all ages so they can all play in snow and be warm. Best bit is the festivals for sims to go to go on certain days of the season such as 'gift giving day' so all religions can appreciate it as their festival i.e. Christmas day or Hanukkah. Best expansion pack in sims3 in my opinion.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 December 2012
This was the one for me. You know how those of us that have been fans of this game since the Sims 1 have our favourite expansions from way back when? Well this was the one I had been waiting for. Pets was good. But THIS, this is amazing.

The first thing I always do when I get a new game, after obviously loading it on, is to go straight to "Create-a-Sim" and find out what new hairstyles and outfits my sims can have. I was a little surprised by the lack of outerwear. There's this new tab now (like the one we had in sims2) for Outerwear for your sims so when it's cold and snowing they have a suitable outfit so they don't get cold, freeze-up and die (yes, really, that happens!!). Unfortunately, and this is the ONLY downside I found, there weren't that many to choose from - I ended up using some of the clothes from older expansions infact. There are a couple of new hairstyles but what I liked the most was the new items for children and younger sims, there's a quite a lot more variety now AND loads of hats and head warmers for all ages.

So what else do we get? Well, the best thing I like is the festivals. We now have seasons, obviously, and a seasonal clock near the timer which tells us what season it is and how many days of that particular season we have left. Within these seasons there are individual festivals, one for each season, in which our sims get a day off (I know! A day off!) to go and explore. These are so much fun! There are kiosks were you can buy festival-y things like fireworks, games, umbrellas (for a rainy day), food and all sorts. There are also tanning booths, places to snowball fight or waterballoon fight and so much more. It depends what season it is as to what activities there are at these festivals. For example, the winter festival has ice skating, igloo making and snow angel interactions. Whereas autumn has pumpkin gathering, apple-bobbing and pie eating competitions. I also really liked the haunted house.

Something little that I've noticed, because I really like the gardening and collecting skills, is that you can now collect little flowers growing around town which you can decorate your house with and these are really pretty. I also liked the addition of the pumpkin. Not only for growing but for carving for halloween before trick-or-treating (or smashing if you're feeling particularly rebellious!).

Those of you that play online, or are just like me and like to set yourself little goals to achieve, will love the new badges you can collect for your player profile. It's all in the same area as before, there are just new additions to the badges that you can have your sims try and collect by completing certain opportunities. If you have the Supernatural expansion aswell, there are a couple of extra interactions that you'll get too but I'll leave that as a surprise!

Overall. I love this game. It's my favourite expansion so far and I'm still not sure that I've found everything there is to do and see yet. I absolutely recommend this! Hope this helps :).
on 6 May 2013
I bought this for my daughter's birthday and it has already given her countless hours of pleasure. If you or your loved ones play Sims3 it is great. There are no apparent installation issues as far as I know and seems to run well most of the time. The only little negative is that it is sometimes a bit slow.
on 6 May 2013
Very addictive but makes te Sims3 more exciting with added features, new things to buy and the excitement of changing weather.
on 22 April 2015
Bought this for my daughter who loves it. She loves interacting with all the animals, especially the cats. We got game of amazon but had to download of the internet from the Origin website using the code provided with the game. Only downside is it took 2 hours to download and trying to entertain an excitable 12 year old in that time was a nightmare....but now I struggle to get her of laptop...best gift. It is good value for money at £15.00 bearing in mind the amount of work that goes into making these packages/games and the hours of entertainment you get from it.