Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 7 March 2014
Whilst i have long conventional extending ladders, I find them a pain to drag out of the garage for quick routine tasks like clearing gutters - something I have to do 4 times a year where we are

Small to store, quick and easy to set up and at 5 metres fully extended reaches our gutters with ease.

Extending is simple. Retracting takes a little getting used to - you need both hands to 'slide' the clips rung by rung which means you have to leave your fingers well clear as each section 'self closes' pretty quickly!

Construction feels solid, and particularly so when used as an A Frame ladder with good width and depth of steps.

When fully opened/extended there is some 'flex' where the hinged joint is which initially is slightly disconcerting if you are used to the more rigid 2 piece sliding/extending ladders.

Whilst not yet used as such, the ability to alter each side separately will be brilliant for setting up on stairs.

All in all very pleased, and amazed that it was delivered from Germany just 4 days after ordering
on 7 June 2014
This is the largest 5m version and at 18 kg is not light. Not a problem though unless you need to carry it over a long distance.
Being a multi purpose ladder it does ok. In A frame set up it's quite high .... About 8ft which can present a problem in fully extending. As you push the top sections up they do of course get much lighter. For me it's ideal for accessing the loft, with the top rungs almost up to the hatch.
There is some flexing but this expected with a telescopic.
It seems well made and sturdy but the lack of a manufacturer either on the ladder or in the instructions does slightly raise an eyebrow. It does apparently meet the European regs though.
Lowering when in A frame mode can be a little slow as it seems you need lower each side 1 section at a time. It does have safety catches which seem effective.
All in all a useful ladder but if you don't need the height a smaller one would be easier to handle.
on 4 September 2013
Excellent . Used immediately and had no problems familiarising myself with the safety instructions. Just a trifle heavy to carry over a distance but otherwise a very handy ladder which covers most operations for the trader or handyman.
on 25 September 2015
Using ladder is a risky business and a fall may have very serious consequences. This risk is higher with telescopic ladders relying on many small and moving components.
Evidently the ladder complies with British and European ladder standard (EN131) if we take their word for it.
The mechanism to luck the ladder in various positions is fairly impressive, however the instruction manual provided with the product does not relate to this product and I am not sure whether any parts of ladder is missing!
The ladder is fairly good as a step ladder however I found it very bouncy at the folding joint when it is fully extended and I don't think it is safe to use it as a straight ladder
on 11 September 2014
This is a great piece of engineering but has its downsides too. The operation to extract the ladder and then put it away is quite time consuming, but sure this will get a lot better with practice.
I purchased with the intention of fixing a gutter at the top of the house, however, there was so much flex in the middle that I decided to leave it. Sure I will braver!
It does store away very nicely.....
on 27 September 2015
BETTER THAN EXPECTED
5.6 Meter Double Telescopic Foldable Extendable Multipurpose Aluminium A Frame Ladder Step Ladder K5.6
I had heard a lot about telescopic ladders. One concern was the lack of rigidness when fully extended making the user feel unstable .The above Worhan ladder has in my opinion conquered this giving a sturdy feel when in use.
A well manufactured product
on 2 May 2014
Easy to use although as per instructions, you have to be careful with fingers when closing. I agree with earlier comments about them being a bit heavy to carry over a distance but for the distances most people will carry them for, they are absolutely fine. Compact and neat, they fit under my bed. I ordered on Sunday and they were delivered three days later.
on 10 February 2014
This is a first rate purchase. When purchased I hadn't realised that it was coming from Germany but the service was excellent, I had it within a week. At 18kg it's a little heavy for a 5'6" 76 year old geezer like me but it really does extend to 5m and feels safe ( it will take 150kg weight) It's compactness is amazing, I can store it easily in the corner of a cupboard. Great purchase.
on 6 May 2014
I wanted as long a ladder as possible to fit in my van without the need of a roof rack. This ladder is perfect as it collapses down to less than a metre yet can get to 5 metres. It is very robust and rated for trade use. It's quite heavy but is so compact it is much better than having a three section ladder to move around. The mechanism works well and has a bar at the base for added stability.
on 27 June 2016
Very useful bit of kit so far. Feels durable easy to put up, bit fiddly to put down, compact size closed, easily fits into back seat of a car.
Very heavy though for carting around (it has to be as its so big fully extended). This does not put me off and I use it every day for work