Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 30 August 2016
Came today as promised and although it states there may be cosmetic scratches due to being refurbished I had no such problem, it looked almost brand new, arrived in a well protected layer of bubble wrap and those air filled pouch things. Set up was quick, load times are fast. Updated all my drivers and checked the internal specs.
For anyone wondering, you will need to change the disc drive if you plan on burning CDs or DVDs as this is only DVD ROM, but at this price who can complain, especially since RWs are so cheap anyway.
Basic gaming is good, stardew valley worked flawlessly (remember to update the graphic drivers and direct x, as well is .net framework and visual basic as this comes as a more or less clean slate) preinstalled with avira antivirus and the wireless adapter is plug in and go, no mucking around.

The pc itself is silent, and generates no noticeable heat. I can't wait to fit it with the graphics card I have ordered, which if you plan to do for hdmi input for gaming or media centre remember it has to be a low profile fit. No urgency to upgrade ram as multitasking is fast, but I will in the future for more demanding tasks.
I recommend this computer highly. Remember as it is ex business it will also be rather economical with power so should also be a bonus.
on 7 August 2017
Incredible bargain, for the price this is really good, I bought it to replace my old one which had a dead motherboard that would have cost me a fortune to replace, it works even more efficiently than my old one that I paid 5 times as much for in PC World some years ago, I did have a few probs at the start which were nothing to do with the Dell OptiPlex itself, I used the old VGA plug for the monitor but didn't notice that the screws had come off the old one and were still attached to the plug, so when I plugged the VGA into the Dell OptiPlex, whilst it might have looked like it was in, it wasn't properly connected, hence I got no display on the monitor, at first I didn't realize why it wasn't displaying so I presumed it must be the machine.....dohhhh Lol, then on closer inspection I could see those extra screws and realized that was why the VGA wasn't displaying, also, initially when I was trying to check all the connections, the power kept cutting, which again, I thought was the machine but it was actually the power plug, when I used a different one.....sorted....it's now up and running and working even better than my old one as I say, cheers.
on 21 July 2016
Bought mine from Computers-Reborn, great machine for 50 quid. Works a treat, can't speak for the installed and licensed windows7 as I installed Linux and it flies. Using it with a pair of usb tv tuners and it can handle multiple recordings without breaking sweat. Would happily buy another, my poor trusty old workhorse laptop can now have a well earned rest. It has 8 usb ports although one is taken up by the usb nano wifi dongle, I have found that if there is a lot of data going back and forth over wifi it can slow down the response from the wireless keyboard and mouse, I assume because of so much trafic on the usb bus. Not a gripe but no ps2 connectors so if you need to use these you will need an adaptor.
on 16 July 2014
The computer did not come with a windows activation code so I am not happy with this one
on 3 September 2015
Bought it to replace my defunct XP pc. Plugged in to all my peripherals and, after adding drivers and installing previously used software, it worked just fine. Very pleased indeed with such a bargain.

BUT .. after about 3 weeks of use, there was a click and the screen suddenly went black during an editing session - after which the computer never booted properly again. HandyGeekUK were most helpful - after an exchange of emails (over the bank holiday weekend too!) it seemed likely that the cause was power supply failure. 2 days later I received and installed a replacement power supply unit from them. After running repair and system restore, my pc was back up and working, almost as if nothing had happened. Phew!

So - when you read:

"And the rule of thumb for electronics is: if they run, they will likely run forever! "

under refurbished product in the product description, take it with a pinch of salt and note the word LIKELY!

But I'm really not grumbling, and as the outcome is just fine now, I'd like to thank HandyGeekUK for being so helpful and responding so quickly.
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 October 2014
The DVD drive was broken and we are still awaiting the promised replacement drive, over a month later.
on 2 January 2015
One hell of a noise when it starts up...sounds like a rev-up for formula one; apart from that I have been very impress with capability of the system....no complaints. This is a first class replacement for my old optiplex which was running xp. I have now arrived.
on 20 February 2016
Definitely a good value for money. Bought the first machine in November 2015 and because it was that good I decided to go for a second one just last week and both machines have been working brilliantly well and more importantly for me they've both now been upgraded to Windows 10 without a glitch so far... Very pleased with the purchase and would highly recommend.
on 6 April 2016
Excellent value. Continues to perform extremely well considering it's price. I took advantage of Microsoft's free upgrade to Windows 10 which has added a new dimension. Very pleased with my purchase.
on 26 July 2017
Arrived safe and works ok ,no problems