on 14 January 2018
All 3 novels kept me hooked! Would definitely recommend these books, will be purchasing more from the series in future
on 13 October 2017
Excellent
on 20 December 2012
Really good idea putting these in to a trilogy because once you pick the first one up you won't want to stop reading until you've finished the last! Read all of them and now eagerly awaiting his new releases. Kerry manages to mix the reality of Detective work with the excitement of fiction. Keep it up!
on 9 December 2017
I cannot imagine such a stupid, unpleasant woman lasting 6 months as a real police officer. Appalling language and grammar as well as lack of a plot.
on 19 December 2012
I read the first of this trilogy (Locked In) when I was browsing unknown authors in the Kindle bookshop and I was amazed at how good it was for a first novel. The characters and plot are well developed and believable.

Couldn't wait to get the second (Vigilante) and Mr Wilkinson came up with the goods again - an excellent read.

When the third was released (The Woman in Black) it confirmed the author as near the top of my favourites list along with such writers as Harlan Coben, Scott Turow, and John Grisham.

In Jessica Daniel, he has an excellent character, so well written that both my wife and I assumed that she had to have been created by a female writer (no clues in "Kerry"!), and the plots are properly convoluted and well thought out.

Kerry Wilkinson is definitely an author to watch, and this trilogy is a great introduction. Thoroughly recommended, and for more information, you can read the reviews of the indiviual books.
on 26 February 2015
This book was electrifyingly good and a really entertaining read. It is the ninth mystery featuring Kerry Wilkinson's popular detective Jessica Daniel. Although it is in a series, the author explains everything that went before, so whilst I had not read any of his books previously I did not feel at a disadvantage. If you like books which are so well plotted that they seem to have something happening about every other paragraph and there isn't any wasted words then this is the one to buy.

Detective Inspector Jessica Daniel goes to a shopping centre with her husband Adam and unfortunately her purse is stolen by a pick pocket, which puts her in a bad mood. Later, she and her team is called out to investigate a murder where the body of the victim is discovered in a wheelie bin at the back of the Salford University building. The bins were supposed to be collected, but have not been because of a strike by municipal workers! The victim, a 1st year student, may have been involved in some sort of induction ceremony that went terribly wrong.

There is also another case involving a tattooed shop raider who is holding up all these local stores and Jessica's team are are completely mystified;someone is also attacking lone women and leaving their bodies ; she is having problems with her superiors which is very common in the average police procedural but this one is way, way above average.

There is a lot of interaction between members of Jessica's team including Izzy Diamond, Archie Davey and Dave Rowland's, some of which is as a result of their close investigations and also the general office banter and horsing around which is normal in large organisations when colleagues are working together over long periods of time. This book seemed to be more like a film script than a book as I could picture all of the very vivid descriptions in my mind.

Kerry Wilkinson is a male author, although he says two newspapers have unfortunately described him as a female. He was born in Bath and brought up in Frome in Somerset, but now lives in the north-west of England. He has a degree in journalism and has worked for ten years in journalism and sports media before giving it up to concentrate on his writing full time. He self-published his first Jessica Daniel book and after it's huge success as a Kindle e-book, when he became an Amazon UK No 1 bestselling author, he signed a publishing deal with Pan Books in the UK. Apart from the nine Jessica Daniel books , he writes a separate private detective series featuring 'Andrew Hunter' and so far he has written two titles. He also has a young adult / sci-fi / fantasy / adventure trilogy and has published one book 'Reckoning' and another has been finished and is due later this year.

His books have a gritty realism about them which makes them stand out as police procedurals. I was reminded of the Inspector Frost books by R.D.Wingfield, which similarly always had an enormous amount of different plot-lines, just like these stories. Really gripping. If you like a really detailed read but also enjoy getting to know the main characters very closely, then you are going to really appreciate this book and also, the other books in the series as well. I look forward to reading more from this very exciting author as soon as possible as I absolutely loved this one. Extremely well recommended.
on 12 January 2013
I think the author must be a fan of The Sweeny. This heroine would have fitted in perfectly there. I cannot imagine such a stupid, unpleasant woman lasting 6 months as a real police officer.
I gave these books 2 stars because I did actually read all 3 but I certainly would not have bought them separately. As a prolific reader of crime novels, I have enjoyed the exploits of many crime fighters and, usually, have at least some sympathy with these characters. In Jessica's case I had none. I wanted her to fail every time and actually found this portrayal of a female officer rather embarrassing; much emphasis was made of the superiority of all the female officers and the males appeared to rather insignificant extras. I would have liked a little more balance.
11 Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 January 2013
I came across Kerry Wilkinson by chance. I'm a big fan of crime, unfortunately it's always based in USA. When I read the review from the first book I was uncertain it was for me. I am really pleased I did buy these books. It is a well written book and very enjoyable. I have read the 1st 3 books in 72 hrs. I have just downloaded the kindle book whilst I wait for the end if February for book number 4. I have recommended this book to many people and they all agree, this author and books are special. Buy the books, you won't regret it.
on 20 March 2013
Brilliant trilogy, first time I have read Kerry Wilkinson and cannot wait to start book 4 I highly recommend you read these books
on 19 December 2012
Took a gamble on "Locked In" and it was a gripping read from start to finish. Very impressed with the book, and I went on to read the other two. Kerry Wilkinson is a great British writer, and the books are 'un-put-downable'. I have pre-ordered "Think of the Childrren", can't wait !! This combined book is a bargain, it is worth every single penny, if you haven't read them, this is your chance to read all three at a good price.