on 20 November 2014
“The man in the snow” is a short e-book featuring John Shakespeare.

When a body is found in the snow, it leads Shakespeare and Boltfoot to the rather unwelcoming household of the Earl of Oxford and a tale of murder and espionage begins to unravel.

I am rather vague about the plot as some of the characters of this book are mentioned in “The Heretics” so I don’t want to spoil any plot there.

Before reading this book I looked as to where this book fell into the actual John Shakespeare series and the website said it was 5.5 which I took to mean that I should read after book 5 (The Heretics) which I did. Unfortunately, after reading it, it appears (in my opinion) it should actually be read before book 5 because of one line in the e-book.

Anyway, that aside, “The man in the snow” was a very enjoyable book and it kept me gripped until the very end – I only wish that the story had been developed into a full length novel.
on 16 October 2016
Rory Clements has provided the reader with a historical detective adventure. This has been done without the usual padding to lengthen the storyline. The appeal will be to everyone who likes instant gratification.
on 17 June 2017
Set in a wintry England Sir John Shakespeare matches wits with his arch enemy. Who is that, I hear you ask ? Read this novella to find the answer. I won;t spoil the enjoyment !
on 9 May 2017
Short story by Rory Clements, quite readable but could have been developed a little further to make the novel more interesting.
on 26 May 2017
Enjoyable
on 28 November 2015
Love the whole series of these books. Look forward to any new books in the series in the future.
on 29 August 2015
Always enjoy books by this author and this was no exception
on 26 August 2017
Rory Clements is a brilliant writer. I have read nearly all his books now and found the next to be as exciting as the last. Not a book you can put down.
on 19 July 2017
Enjoyable but quite short
on 16 August 2017
Seemed a bit rushed,a few corners cut.