Customer reviews

on 28 May 2014
I've always looked forward to sitting down with a good book and getting lost in a really good storyline. All the years I've enjoyed good books my absolute favourite, head and shoulders above the rest is Stephen King. He writes fantastic stories and is able to really pull you in with his characters, making you really care what happens to them and this makes you want to keep on reading.

My other enjoyment in life is sitting down to watch a good TV show, preferably a box set, one of my all time favourites has to be Lost. At the end of every episode you're left wanting more, you want answers to questions, you're intrigued and you have to keep watching.

What do my favourite pastimes have to do with this review? Well, with Yesterday's Gone you have both all in one and the outcome is nothing short of fantastic. The book reminds me of Stephen King, not just the storyline (The Stand) but the style of writing, the way you get pulled in and the way you end up feeling for the characters, no other author has managed it in my eyes as well as King until now. Then you have the plot turns, cliffhangers and the way the book is laid out which I haven't seen since Lost.

I love the way the book is broken down into Seasons, Episodes and different character segments, much the same as watching a TV show. As well as keeping the book fast paced, if like me you've got kids, work all day and don't always have the time to read through a whole chapter, then you can just pick up, read a couple of character parts within an Episode and put it back down until later. Quite often with books I'll start reading a long chapter only to start feeling a bit tired or being called away and trying to blast through to the end of the chapter as quick as possible. Alternatively, you can do the box set route and blast through a few episodes at a time.

I'm amazed that this hasn't been picked up by some TV Executive. With Yesterdays Gone you would have as big if not a bigger hit than Lost. I even did a Google search fully expecting to read a show was in the pipeline, I really don't know how it hasn't been picked up yet but I would assume someone's going to latch on to this at some point. For now though you've got the book to read (which is always the best way really) and I can not recommend it highly enough. I'm off now to start Season 3 which I'm particularly looking forward to as Season 2 has one hell of an ending.
on 7 September 2013
Another amazing read, I bought season 1 and 2 together as a bundle and have just read it completely through like one huge book. ITS BRILLIANT every chapter leads to another cliffhanger or something of interest you want to keep flicking through those pages as fast as possible and without stopping. I finally fell asleep kindle in hand at 5.20am this morning. No not because I was bored...don't jump to conclusions but I was so knackered as Id read almost 14 hours straight lol.

I have an affiliation with the main characters especially Brent Foster, and of course Boricio; although some may find him an offensive foul-mouthed character, I find him believable and a likeable bad-boy. Infact I have an affiliation with all the main characters and look forward to turning the pages to see their next storyline. (I cant believe you killed of Dog vader...Im gutted..hohum!)
As I mentioned in my review for series one its like having separate plots within all the books. If you love your cliff hangers then you will love this amazing well written series laced with dark humour from guess who..yes Boricio!

If swearing, violence, horror and gore offend you; then go for a Mills and boon book. This series throws normal people into a horrific situation of not knowing where your loved ones are; and making choices you will never want to to make. You never know how you will react until you have to and the guys have created some great characters within the pages.

Amazing twists and turn with an explosive finale; I have just bought series three as I cant be without a Sean Platt and David Wright book on my Kindle. Yes you heard me right I actually PAID real money for a book as I had to know what happened next. As a book reviewer I have been so lucky to receive many books for free; I loved this read so much I had to have it and will continue to buy them till the end.

Please dont stop writing Yesterdays Gone I love this storyline.
on 26 April 2014
I really love these two authors fantastic imagination. The book is a real page turner. I found it a bit difficult to keep tabs on all the characters as I read in bed when I am tired! I am so glad I kept with it as I am hooked and I have already ordered the next instalment so that I have it waiting. I highly recommend any books by these two as I have read several books of theirs and I highly recommend this one too.
on 9 July 2013
These guys are creative beyond belief. Are they on speed? Their production rate is astounding, mind boggling.

Wish they would slow down a bit...love their new entries...BUT maybe finish a series and then move on? Hard to keep track of all the permutations, characters amnd combinations.

But it's very refreshing!

M. Massey
on 8 December 2012
was not sure i would enjoy this type of book( repeated cliffhanger ) but i have to say i it is well written and i kept coming back for more
well rounded characters and twists in the plot kept me engaged i used to read on the train going to and from work
nearly missed my stop more than once
on 27 February 2013
Absolutely brilliant but yet again I'm left waiting for the next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arghhh how frustrating I've searched everywhere for a release date but am left hanging!!! Great for the authors but not great for the reader
on 8 July 2013
So glad I found this writing duo. I love the characters and interconnections between them. I love a bit of Sci-fi and anything post apocalyptic so this is great. I really like the serialised element and the overall writing style.
on 17 February 2013
really enjoyed reading this. I am glad i didnt come across it until there was lots of episodes though as im not very good at waiting. looking forward to reading season 3.
on 14 June 2013
really enjoyed this series, fast paced and you really start to engage with the characters. Can't wait to order season 3.
on 31 July 2013
Enjoying this brilliant story, so glad there is so much more to come. Bring it on! David W Wright, cheers.