on 25 May 2013
Very good series. Excellent acting. On a level with Foyle's war. I recommend to crime tv aficionadas. And its cheap!
on 28 May 2013
For me, the original Morse series will always be the "measuring stick" against which all detective series will be evaluated. When "Lewis" was first launched, I was very sceptical, but came to enjoy the chemistry between Lewis and Hathaway even more than the original between Morse and Lewis. Then, when I saw "Endeavor" I thought, oh, no, THIS cannot work. And, once again, I have to appreciate that the combination of writing, production and acting talent that has carried on from the original Morse makes this "prequel" extremely appealing. Especially Shaun Evans as a young Morse is better than I could have imagined and a real tribute to John Thaw's legacy.
on 15 April 2016
There are few British dramas that get better than this. No, actually, there are none!
on 26 March 2016
Excellent series as good as or better than More, Lewis, Gently, Banks, Lindley etc..
on 21 February 2015
Excellent series,got the 60s spot on,series 2 just has good,looking forward to no 3.
on 31 July 2014
Brilliant DVD if you've not watched endeavour this will get you off to a good start.
on 2 June 2013
lives up to the standard of the morse series on fills in the gap in a very interesting way.well worth the time
on 21 July 2014
Bought for my wife who had missed the series on TV. We both thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 7 December 2013
I bought this expecting like "Lewis" a "Pastiche" of the Morse success. But it isn't! I was very pleasantly surprised. The plots are very clever and well thought through, and, moreover superbly acted. The young Morse is brilliantly portrayed as a somewhat shy, diffident and very observant and smart young officer with a strong sense of service and loyalty and ability to take risks to chase down vital clues. This is a UK detective series of the very first rank and in my opinion outclasses even the Morse series. Inspector Thursday, Morse's boss is also brilliantly acted. Having watched the really superb first series I can't wait to see Series 2 and 3.
on 4 November 2014
A nice try, and well acted, but nothing will ever beat the original Morse series.